Summer is Here! 2018

Amazing change in the weather here in Central Oregon -- all of a sudden! :oops:

After weeks when it was only safe (cool enough) to open windows at night...
Today in mid-afternoon, with some cloud cover and a breeze blowing cool air through the house it's almost too cool -- enough that I'm thinking of closing my open windows! :eek:

And the forecast for the next 10 days is continued similar. Not complaining, just surprised...
Weather_97701_20180825-1.jpg

On the other hand, autumn in just a week away, so maybe it's seasonable.

Fire weather here again-lot's of wind and no rain! It would be nice if I could SEE any weather change here in the former warm and sunny high desert-to dang much very smelly smoke!! I think I can feel a little heat mid morning (after I turn off the heater-yes I turn the heater on when I get up and it's August :oops: ) from that sometimes seen orange thing in the sky. Thought about driving over to the coast but no way to get there without driving down to the Bay Area, then go up or head up to Oregon then down. Anyway, unlike allot of people who have no houses to get up from anymore because of all these fires,, at least I still have one!

Smoke

I'm sure not complaining. All of sudden the dog park repopulated. It won' t last though. Probably just teasing us before the Indian Summer arrives :)

The third and final month of summer was not bad (i.e., not too hot) here in Central Oregon -- just a degree or two above the long-term average, as shown in the "screenshot" of the graphic on the KTVZ weather news tonight

KTVZ_201808-summary.jpg

But that's old news... it's now autumn!

Back
Top Bottom