Sun Lite Hawk ground up restoration

SilentPursuit

Well I bought this slide in camper for my T100 pickup. Knew it was gonna be a project and now I’m down the rabbit hole of rv repair. Figure I would keep a thread of my progress. I picked the TC up for 200$ so my budget for repairs is decent enough. I’m looking to build this out for utility and not necessarily looks, and for longevity as I plan to use for hunting and camping the next 5-10 years.

The camper I believe is a 1990 and is pretty ruff. Roof for sure is getting rebuilt and possibly some of the walls depending on what I find in there. Floor appears to be good so if I have to I’ll build if from the floor up. I know for sure the cab over part on the driver side will need attention. The canvas is decent other than a couple of the vinyl windows being destroyed, I plan to get that silver bubble insulation and wrap along inside of canvas while camping anyway. I might try and sew canvas over them and possibly make my own out of old billboard sign with no windows at all. Here’s some photos of some progress and will be hitting it hard this weekend.
IMG_3309.jpeg
IMG_3317.jpeg
IMG_3320.jpeg
IMG_3335.jpeg
IMG_3336.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3341.jpeg
    IMG_3341.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom