Super Moon 2013

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermoon

We drove up to a local lake around 5800' to take in the rising Super Moon. We left the house at 5:30pm and were at Blue Lake an hour later. We brought sandwiches and I wrapped a cold beer in a shirt. My pack was loaded with a tripod and several lenses. I brewed a thermos of ginger tea to keep us warm as the sun set.

Tomorrow night is the true full moon, but many photographers and outdoorsmen prefer the night before the the full moon for the brightness. Tonight the moon rose at 7:54pm, and the sun did not set until 8:32 affording rosy sunbeams on the foreground with the bloated rising moon on the horizon. Tasty!

I stacked a 400+1.4TC for a 560mm shot here:

The Blue Hour

IF your weather allows, try to take in the full moon tomorrow night. Here in No Cal, the forecast is for a precursor low pressure system, leading to a major rain event early in the week. We don't know if we'll see the moon, but if we do, it will be Super!

Beautiful, Lighthawk. We have smoky haze from wildfires in Sonora and the Gila, but even with that I enjoyed my walk in the moonlight last night. That's good news about the predicted rain.

Great moon pictures,Andy thanks.I always enjoy the moon pics.I try to get some whenever there is a nice shot ,while out camping.
Don't know if we ,here on the coast will get to see the moon rise this evening.The fog has been in so that limits the view of the moon for us.
Frank

We were out in the woods teaching this weekend. The moon Friday and Saturday nights was spectacular! It was just starting to rain as we started back home this afternoon. Thanks for the great photos Lighthawk!

We went out to the usual spot off of Dunderberg Road for Saturday's moonrise. It did not disappoint.
gallery_176_163_5382035.jpg

gallery_176_163_195621.jpg

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Nice Ted.All we got here on Monterey Bay was FOG! Today it's real heavy and almost rain.
Frank
Same here Frank. Heavy fog at the North Shore all weekend and heavy rain here at home. But we did get a glimpse of the big moon during a bit of clearing overnight. Thanks everyone for the great photos.

Back
Top Bottom