Suspa lift struts part numbers..

BBZ

m.r.h. said:
Hey all..
I need stronger lift struts as I added a solar panel.. currently running c16-31896A which is 30 lbs and 40 inches..

Anyone have the part number for the 40 lb model? Suspa website is not very user friendly. Thanks.

I believe this is it:

Suspa C16-15952 35.43" Gas Prop/Strut - Set of Two - Force is 40 lbs Per Prop/Strut - Force is 80 lbs Per Pair

This is what I installed on my '08 hawk. Purchased off of Amazon.

Ruck_and_Roll said:
I believe this is it:

Suspa C16-15952 35.43" Gas Prop/Strut - Set of Two - Force is 40 lbs Per Prop/Strut - Force is 80 lbs Per Pair

This is what I installed on my '08 hawk. Purchased off of Amazon.
Thanks.. I didn't find what I really needed which was 40 inch struts.. I decided on those (36 inch), will just need to alter mounting point to allow for the shorter length..

It is interesting that the 40" long Suspa struts only seem to be available in 20 pound (C16-31895) and 30 pound (C16-31896). Also I could not find either of these listed in the Suspa lift brochure on the web (which shows longest length of 35.5 inches).

I suggest calling Suspa and see if they actually make a 40" model with 40 pound lift. Given all the other models that are available with various lift capacities up to several hundred pounds it sure seems that they should have all the parts to make some.

There are other strut manufacturers besides Suspa.

For example here is a link to Raymond for 40" extended length, 45 pound struts (there are others as well).

https://www.asraymond.com/standard-gas-struts.html?filter=metric-extended_length_el%3A2%3A1016.0%3Bmetric_force%3A2%3A200.0#cds-attribute-metric_force

ckent323 said:
It is interesting that the 40" long Suspa struts only seem to be available in 20 pound (C16-31895) and 30 pound (C16-31896). Also I could not find either of these listed in the Suspa lift brochure on the web (which shows longest length of 35.5 inches).

I suggest calling Suspa and see if they actually make a 40" model with 40 pound lift. Given all the other models that are available with various lift capacities up to several hundred pounds it sure seems that they should have all the parts to make some.

There are other strut manufacturers besides Suspa.

For example here is a link to Raymond for 40" extended length, 45 pound struts (there are others as well).

https://www.asraymond.com/standard-gas-struts.html?filter=metric-extended_length_el%3A2%3A1016.0%3Bmetric_force%3A2%3A200.0#cds-attribute-metric_force
Thanks for that info.. I do believe Suspa makes them.. but they are $97 each.. got the 36 in for $36 for the pair.. its really a matter of moving one of the mounts over a couple inches and will work just fine...

This what I got after installing two Renogy 100W on my Eagle roof.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OA9O78/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rated to 150 lbs and it works like a charm, slow but sure and can be use to slowly lower the roof.
Wire a Two pole, Double throw switch mounted on plastic gang box and secured to actuator with wire ties.
Added a 3/4 rubber foot to top. It pushes up on the factory wood ceiling plate and sits on top of my Tri Linx Levelers with a custom plywood with a hole in it on top of them.
Plugs into the 12v lighter outlet. No more strain on my neck and no worries about anchoring struts points.
My Eagle is 2009 and they were not factory designed and built for struts.
After doing some mods I became painfully aware of how thin it is the aluminum tubing used on the camper.
Got this idea from another member who reported doing this with great results, although theirs was only rated for 50lbs if I am correct and he did not have solar on roof. Plus I don’t know how well struts will help if there is any added snow on roof.
Save a bunch of money in the process!!!

Sandokan said:
This what I got after installing two Renogy 100W on my Eagle roof.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OA9O78/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rated to 150 lbs and it works like a charm, slow but sure and can be use to slowly lower the roof.
Wire a Two pole, Double throw switch mounted on plastic gang box and secured to actuator with wire ties.
Added a 3/4 rubber foot to top. It pushes up on the factory wood ceiling plate and sits on top of my Tri Linx Levelers with a custom plywood with a hole in it on top of them.
Plugs into the 12v lighter outlet. No more strain on my neck and no worries about anchoring struts points.
My Eagle is 2009 and they were not factory designed and built for struts.
After doing some mods I became painfully aware of how thin it is the aluminum tubing used on the camper.
Got this idea from another member who reported doing this with great results, although theirs was only rated for 50lbs if I am correct and he did not have solar on roof. Plus I don’t know how well struts will help if there is any added snow on roof.
Save a bunch of money in the process!!!
I love these. I was hoping that someone would install 4 of them permanently to show us how to do it!

Back
Top Bottom