Suspension Question

Airbags along with HD Bilsteins work well for me. They have help up for tons of miles both on and off road. I only put the camper on for trips, and the truck is a daily driver for the family, so I wanted stock feeling ride when camper is off. I beefed up the frame (boxed in) along the vunerable areas.

Attachments

• P1050617 (800x600).jpg
    P1050617 (800x600).jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 143
Got Ride Rites on my Tacoma with 4 leaf suspension. 40,000 miles later(and close to 1,000 miles of baja dirt roads), they are still holding air. I just adjust them according to the load. With no camper on the back, I bring em down to 10psi to let it ride on my "Tundra" Bilsteins. With my camper on, 50psi. Its still soft enough to give a good ride. Simple.
The install was VERY easy, no drilling, just a floor jack, a few wrenches and cold Tecates...
Hope this helps

Now that I have effectively been convinced of the abilities of airbags, what brand/model number are those of you with 05-11 Tacomas running? I see that Ride-Rite has two different models for those model year trucks, however they make no distinction as to whether one or the other is suited to a certain package (ie 4x4). Any thoughts?

Hello...? Anybody know what airbags their running for an 05 Tacoma, or at least a recommendation for a shop/retailer to talk to in AZ?

Cheers,
West

Firestone Ride Rites. Google the Firestone site for model number, then you can get them from someone like Summit Racing or Amazon. Simple installation. DIY Product number 2407 according to the Application Guide page 18.

Back
Top Bottom