Suspension Recommendation for 2021 Tacoma w/ Fleet?

shear

I'm trading in my 2010 Tacoma and upgrading to a 2021 Tacoma 4 door. I currently just have a custom spring pack on my 2010 which has been fine but makes the ride a bit rough when the campers off and we are off road.

Any suggestions that aren't very complicated while doing a good job with the camper on?

If you are going to be removing the camper between trips, adjustable air bags are really the only way to maintain acceptable ride quality and compliance both loaded and unloaded. Paired with adjustable shocks if possible. Air bags are easy to install with the camper on.

We got talked into Sumo springs for our Troop Carrier (long distance; it was in Australia and we were in the U.S.) I disliked them intensely. They support a load okay but steal compliance. I'll be removing them soon and installing a proper spring pack that supports the load and retains compliance.

JHanson, agree completely. If you take off then Firestone Airbags the way to go. If you leave on then springs. Shock upgrade is a good thing but not required. Brake upgrade also good thing.

So the ride rites and a shock upgrade is recommended?

Back
Top Bottom