Swift No Drill Awning Mount

I finally get to pick up my Swift on Thursday this week and when I first ordered it (in June of 2021) I was able to find a rail system that connects to the jack stand mounts that can be used to mount an awning without having to drill into the side of the camper. I found it pretty easily back then but I can't seem to find it now.

a better description: It had brackets that connected to the jack stand mounts and there was a slotted bar that ran between the back and front mounts. If I remember correctly it looked like the 80/20 square tubing on both the jack stand side going vertical as well as the part going across. At the time when I could find it I saw a few folks have three cross members along the side, where the top was for the awning and the bottom two were for rotopax and stuff. I remember it was sold for around $300. Hopefully they are still available and they also work on the Swift, I don't remember checking to see if there was a limitation on the model back when I first found them. If anyone has any ideas on what that product was called or links to exactly that or something similar that would be a super huge help.

Thanks for the replies. The Mule Expedition mounts are what I'm going to go with, but weren't the ones I saw. I'm thinking they went out of business. The Mule Expeditions will do exactly what I was looking for with the awning, the other offered options for other stuff as well on the same mount system. lol that's the hard part about ordering it and having to wait a year and a half. Thanks again everyone

Bosque Bill said:
Any issues with vibration at highway speeds?
i have the mule mts, with a alu-cab 270 awning. no problems

it i did everything again, i would have atc install camper lift brackets that go all the way to top on passenger side. more opportunities to bolt things to.

goinoregon said:
i have the mule mts, with a alu-cab 270 awning. no problems

it i did everything again, i would have atc install camper lift brackets that go all the way to top on passenger side. more opportunities to bolt things to.
Are bottom to top brackets an option? The front bracket would need to accommodate the cab-over.

Regardless, it seems like a reasonable way to accommodate bolt on mounts.

I just bought and mounted the Mule Expedition awning mounts (excellent design) on a 2021 Grandby to mount my Quickpitch En-suite shower enclosure.

I did not want to drill, just freaked me out so…

I used a custom cut 96” long 1” x 3” aluminum channeled extrusion to span the driver side (Batwing 270 on passenger side OEM mounts) jack bracket mounted awning mounts.

Solid, clean install. Took 15 minutes once custom 4-hole bolt pattern was drilled into Quickpitch aluminum box model.

I have another 4’ of room on bar to mount accessories. Maybe a Shovel/Ax kit, etc.

Highly recommended. I can send pictures if anyone would like to see.

Good job Mule Expedition!!!

Chris C.

SigSanDiego said:
I just bought and mounted the Mule Expedition awning mounts (excellent design) on a 2021 Grandby to mount my Quickpitch En-suite shower enclosure.

I did not want to drill, just freaked me out so…

I used a custom cut 96” long 1” x 3” aluminum channeled extrusion to span the driver side (Batwing 270 on passenger side OEM mounts) jack bracket mounted awning mounts.

Solid, clean install. Took 15 minutes once custom 4-hole bolt pattern was drilled into Quickpitch aluminum box model.

I have another 4’ of room on bar to mount accessories. Maybe a Shovel/Ax kit, etc.

Highly recommended. I can send pictures if anyone would like to see.

Good job Mule Expedition!!!

Chris C.
Chris, I’d love to see pictures of your installation!

Here are the photos of the install. Apologies, the first two aren’t oriented properly, and I’m too lazy to fix them. I lied, orientation is corrected.

B6CB8E08-7935-4FFE-A881-A416CCD25C0F.jpeg
4BB9BB21-77EC-4B98-8B8E-59F1B1A1AF13.jpeg
06CCE5F0-8411-4D9C-B074-60968A292C93.jpeg
51E7DF7A-BFC8-4D9D-8B5D-E27D4C2FB08B.jpeg
B3F11B3D-F749-49B3-938A-25D91234AAE1.jpeg
41AEF9ED-1546-451C-B327-9C076900DE48.jpeg

Thanks for the photos. That does help and it made me realize that the mounts for those awnings that extend forward have to be spaced out from the camper to allow the roof latch on the side top be opened.

Bosque Bill said:
Thanks for the photos. That does help and it made me realize that the mounts for those awnings that extend forward have to be spaced out from the camper to allow the roof latch on the side top be opened.
i had mule outfitters here in portland install my alucab 270 awning on my ATC, using the mule brackets. they relocated one of the roof latches to the rear. all works great. the mule brkts work great. you have to pay attention when attaching your camper jacks to the jack brkts that the mule brkt also uses.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Having a hard time finding any similar channeled stock. Where did you find it?

Back
Top Bottom