Swift shell on a new Ford Ranger

carsonrc

I'm looking to replace a totaled Nissan Frontier with a new Ford Ranger with the 4 cylinder 2.3L EcoBoost truck. Has anyone put a FWC Swift shell on a Ranger with that engine? I am concerned the performance might be severely impaired. Any thoughts/info would be helpful.
thanks,
Russ

IMO… The new Ranger has plenty of torque and horsepower, but your mileage will drop. The EcoBoost can be either eco or boost depending on terrain and driving style.

What is the engine HP and torque for the Nissan Frontier? What is it for the Ranger? It would be interesting for everyone here to know for comparison.

m5040 said:
What is the engine HP and torque for the Nissan Frontier? What is it for the Ranger? It would be interesting for everyone here to know for comparison.
My 2019 Ranger has 270 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque, and is rated to pull 7,500 pounds. I believe Ford has a calibration program to up the numbers a bit. It’s got enough pep for me.

I can’t speak to the Frontier numbers.

I have a 2020 Ford Ranger long bed with a Fleet on it. It has plenty enough power for me. I barely feel the weight when accelerating. I get 16.5 MPG, which isn't awesome.

I bought a 2021 Ranger for my wife, we don't have a camper on it, but the power and torque from the drivetrain is awesome. Fuel economy is great, you should not have any issue with a camper mounted on yours.

Thank you all for your responses. I ended up with a V6 Chevy Colorado. Should work with my Swift and gets better gas mileage than my Frontier did. Happy camping!

How much do you need to raise the camper to clear the high bed walls on the Colorado?

I know I need to raise it some according to FWC, but I haven't figured that as yet. I usually don't put the Swift on my truck until it starts to warm up... like in March.

Back
Top Bottom