Table mod for Eagle with Dinette

DonM

We were thrilled to get an early dinette model, opposed seats with a table leaving a space to walk between the counter and the table when one person was sitting. The table that came with our Eagle was 16 inches by 32 inches, leaving a 12 and 1/2 inch space to move between the counter and the table. Neither of us are large but we had to turn sideways to move by the table. My wife pointed out that two plates didn't fit on the 16 inch space nicely, so I tried making a new table. I made the first one 20 by 28, we can walk back and forth without turning and two plates fit nicely across from each other, computers and card games are easier and my wife likes it. I will make the next one 22 or 24 by 28 after doing some measurement between the table, the seat and 'the belly'. This gets pretty individual as too big a space between the table and the person isn't as comfortable for eating (some of us aren't as tidy I'm told), yet too small a space will make it harder to get in and out and be too cramped. I made the prototype with iron on edges, the finished product will get the nice rubber edge molding. Has anyone trimmed their table support pipe to make it shorter, the ends are tapered and I didn't want to make a mess with the taper cutting slots and tacking it together. If you have a way to make the taper easily I would love to know. (as you can guess the table is coming down an inch and a half as well, my wife is 5'4")

Attachments

• DSCN2858.jpg
    DSCN2858.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 128
You may be able to buy a shorter pipe and save a hassle. If not you are looking at cut and weld and paint, in the middle to save the tapers.

I made the table for my dinette and made a 1/2 round on the end we get in on. Made a big difference in getting in and out.

Pictures here: http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2212/page__st__20

We used the standard issue table but I unscrewed the base mounting plate and moved it a few inches. Table is now nearer to window and there is just enough room for one ass between the counter and the table

You may be able to buy a shorter pipe and save a hassle. If not you are looking at cut and weld and paint, in the middle to save the tapers.

I made the table for my dinette and made a 1/2 round on the end we get in on. Made a big difference in getting in and out.

Pictures here: http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2212/page__st__20

Thanks, good idea on saving the tapers, nice work on your table.

We used the standard issue table but I unscrewed the base mounting plate and moved it a few inches. Table is now nearer to window and there is just enough room for one ass between the counter and the table

Unfortunately, our model only had an inch between the existing table and the window. My wife mentioned 'with a smile on her face' that there was enough room in ours now for one ass as well. I'm never sure what she means:0) LOL

You might look at this photo of the dinette in our Bobcat. Marty was able to find a short table leg that is just right for that mount. You might ask him where he found the leg.
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/image/6561-dinette-in-a-bobcat/
His mount also gets the foot of the table off the floor giving more room for feet. The table stores between the seats and is the same size as the footwell. The leg stores under the seat in the storage box.

You might look at this photo of the dinette in our Bobcat. Marty was able to find a short table leg that is just right for that mount. You might ask him where he found the leg.
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/image/6561-dinette-in-a-bobcat/
His mount also gets the foot of the table off the floor giving more room for feet. The table stores between the seats and is the same size as the footwell. The leg stores under the seat in the storage box.

Very nice, I like that and it looks like you could make the extension to hold the base so that you don't bump into it and bang your knees. Another rainy day project.

Back
Top Bottom