Texas is Calling

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
Tired of the cold and tired of seeing my camper all covered up. We are ready for our next adventure. So in April we leave on a 2 week trip to Texas. Five nights on the beach at Galveston Island State Park to start. So many favorite restaurants along the sea wall and by the harbor. Now for a little research on the local brews. Always a highlight when we are on the road. It is hard not to have beer on the brain when your father-in-law used to be the head brew master at Pearl Brewery in San Antonio and my father sold brewery equipment. For those that haven't been to San Antonio, you should add it to your list. The famous riverwalk and the old Pearl Brewery has been re-opened into many restaurants, hotel, and condos. Take the water taxi up and enjoy a great meal.

We then head to the Hill Country (Kerrville) for a night and shopping and site seeing in Fredericksburg, Texas before we head to Big Bend National Park for 4-5 days. Looking forward to the hiking and views in Big Bend. I now get to use my Geezer Card. Didn't need it in Great Smoky Mountain National Park as they don't charge for entrance into the park.

Anybody have info on Big Bend? We know where we are staying, but would like info on must see places in the park. I have communicated with Ara, but he maybe long gone on his next adventure. We will be communicating further in the coming months.

Never been down that way but need to do so. Used to love me a cold Pearl!

Will you be traveling through Terlingua, Marfa, Alpine, or all 3? I have a corresponding friend living off the grid outside of Terlingua. His house is mostly underground, with solar arrays and battery banks for juice, and a 1965 IH Scout with a PTO to drive a gennie to pump water from his 700' deep well into his tank for water. Terlingua seems like a great place to be! Marfa enjoys a good rep among foodies, too.

Foy

Foy said:
Never been down that way but need to do so. Used to love me a cold Pearl!

Will you be traveling through Terlingua, Marfa, Alpine, or all 3? I have a corresponding friend living off the grid outside of Terlingua. His house is mostly underground, with solar arrays and battery banks for juice, and a 1965 IH Scout with a PTO to drive a gennie to pump water from his 700' deep well into his tank for water. Terlingua seems like a great place to be! Marfa enjoys a good rep among foodies, too.

Foy
I'm reading Ara's book "Freedom on both ends of the leash" and I think it would be a mistake not to venture into Terlingua, Marfa, and Alpine while we are there.

Back
Top Bottom