The Acoustic Thread - What are you listening to?

Great cover of For What Its Worth - I've been playing that song (and All Along The Watchtower) almost daily for just about the last four years.

This song gave me a very pleasant earworm for a few days of backpacking (was going to say the song gave me chills but I did not wish to alarm anyone)

If you haven’t followed Foxes and Fossils, put them on your list. Fantastic voices, amazing harmonies, great musicians and with all the covers, a wonderful trip down Memory Lane.

Thanks Mr. Sage . . . . very nicely done version of that song. Thanks for introducing me to Foxes and Fossils; I will look for more of their stuff. The header says "This is Dedicated to the one I Love by the Mamas and the Papas" but true fossils (as many of us on WTW are) might recall the original version that was done by the Shirelles in 1960.

Missing Link said:
Thanks Mr. Sage . . . . very nicely done version of that song. Thanks for introducing me to Foxes and Fossils; I will look for more of their stuff. The header says "This is Dedicated to the one I Love by the Mamas and the Papas" but true fossils (as many of us on WTW are) might recall the original version that was done by the Shirelles in 1960.
Mr. Link, YouTube seems to be the best source. I did not remember/know that was a Shirelles release, thanks!

Ok, I found it. Now, I remember.

Gee Steve maybe you are not
a true "Geezer".
I remember them from my high school years.
A group from NJ.
I think they even were on American Bandstand.
Boy the geezer in me is sure showing.
Thanks for the song link.
Frank

What a great song and illustrations and
Mary has such a wonderful voice.
I remember seeing Halley's comet in 1986.
Was a very impressive sight.
Frank

PS while we are on a "space" theme,the Dragon space craft just landed.
Nice to see our country back in the space business.

Back
Top Bottom