The Acoustic Thread - What are you listening to?

A little off topic but for you old Sandy Denny and Richard Thompson fans : Fairport Convention Documentary

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Berline, Crary and Hickman... sweet music!
Continuing on this theme..................
let's add Mark O'Connor playing double fiddle with Bryon, Bill Monroe (who wrote Gold Rush) on mandolin, and Jerry Douglas for a dobro break. Back story is that Bill Monroe and the Bluegrass Boys recorded Gold Rush during the time Bryon Berline was part of Bill's band. Many believe Bryon played a big role in writing the song Gold Rush, but when you worked for Bill everything was Bill's.

Phew.... this just exhausted me .....smiling all the way... how do they do that?! Man ... if I could come back it would be a musician like them...

buckland said:
Phew.... this just exhausted me .....smiling all the way... how do they do that?! Man ... if I could come back it would be a musician like them...

Wow. That Billy Strings is incredible!

This is what I grew up listening to. Shame we only have audio recordings.
I think of that song everytime our politicians debate immigration reform.
Woody and Cisco served together in the merchant marine.

Love it. Great to have the soul lifted to hope..... seeing people who can be so richly good... perfect for these times!
THANKS

ok - electric guitar (and drums) but don't let that frighten you
saw this band this summer at the T-Bar in June Lake - I am sure that much fun must be against some law or another

Back
Top Bottom