The All Terrain Campers photo thread

Thanks for noticing! I installed a chunk of 1.5 inch rigid foam board to the underside of the bed in order to add some insulation. It keeps the inside under the big cushion from frosting up during the winter months.

Great idea. Does it help with the condensation under the mattress? I might try that if it helps the inside from condension.
Frank

Getting back home at the end of the day.
gallery_1902_125_29020.jpg

This looks suspiciously like a Trip Report...
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Great idea. Does it help with the condensation under the mattress? I might try that if it helps the inside from condension.
Frank

Hello Frank, The rigid foam insulation does reduce the condensation under the mattress since the panel stays warmer. I also added a 3/8" closed cell foam pad directly under the 4" mattress, now there is no moisture in between the mattress and panel as this used to be a problem during the cold winter months.

Matt

IMGP9754.JPG

Arizona Strip,Tuweap Campground.

Attachments

• ATC Camper.jpg
    ATC Camper.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 448
Arizona Strip,Tuweap Campground.

Lucky!
Stew and Tony and I struck out trying to get a site there in May of last year.
I camped there many years ago, when the now-designated day-use area was legal for overnight camping...just a few yards from the edge.

"Vantage" per local jargon. With the "feathers" overlooking the camping area. Some good 80-100' climbs on columns in the area.

"Vantage" per local jargon. With the "feathers" overlooking the camping area. Some good 80-100' climbs on columns in the area.

Pods8, thanks for the info. I got the name from the person that recommended the site to me. Your post prompted me to google it. Here is what I found by googling Vantage, Washington. On Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia....age,_Washington: "...The rock climbing in the area is one of the areas more popular forms of outdoor recreation and takes place, predominantly, in "Echo Basin" (often mistaken for "Frenchman Coulee" which is the basin just north of Echo, on the other side of the Old Vantage Hwy) on the basalt columns typical to the desert rimrock in the area. ..."

Googling Frenchman Coulee got me this http://wikitravel.org/en/Frenchman_Coulee

Based on this, I think we camped at Frenchman Coulee but the long range photos might be of Echo Basin. So now I am wondering what I should label the photos to be accurate. Maybe I should call them Old Vantage Hwy. What do you think?

By the way, I have been enjoying your camper build.

I believe the BIG gulley which the road (Old Vantage Highway) runs along is the Frenchman Coulee, that is where you were camping under the "feathers" which I saw you took a picture of. There are short climbs on those. You gotta hike up and over the ridge into Echo Basin (to the south) where most of the developed climbing is on the columns. No road access to Echo.

Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom