The All Terrain Campers photo thread

Ronin,
Where is Spencer HS?
always looking for new spots.
Vic, love the colors. Showed the wife the canoe, and she said no more boats until i sell one or two. Who sells boats? Pfft

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Nice Vic.I see you carry your canoe on the roof also.
Do you lift the top with the canoe on?
Frank
Yep. Maxtrax, 45 pound 330w solar panel and 39 pound canoe. 80 pound lifter/shock thingys. I can lift it on my own, and also still do 50 pushups on my knuckles. We'll see how long this works before I beg for help.

Wango said:
Ronin,
Where is Spencer HS?
Vic, love the colors. Showed the wife the canoe, and she said no more boats until i sell one or two. Who sells boats? Pfft
It's a nice boat. Wish it cut through the waves better, but as is, it is super stable, which the wife loves. I like the 39# factor. Easy to lift and carry by myself.

Wango said:
Ronin,
Where is Spencer HS?
Spencer is about 15 miles east of Austin to 376 and 10 miles or so south down FS001.

A few pictures from a week long shake down trip in B.C.

Chuwels Lake
i-Zv5JBCB-X2.jpg

i-BksHv8g-X2.jpg

Oregon Jack Provincial Park
i-tFCdSBt-X2.jpg

Beach Camping In Churn Creek Protected Area On The Fraser River
i-kbnW2pV-X2.jpg

Ski - we were at the same spot as 2nd pic watching the sunrise on Sept 30!

gold bluffs - 1.jpgTook a trip up to Northern Ca coast last weekend. Spent 2 days at Gold Bluffs. There is now a loop with designated sites and flush toilets and showers. The campground was totally full but thankfully the sites are very spread out. I've camped there several times in the past and don't recall there being a loop. My recollection was you drove to the end of the gravel road and could virtually set up right next to the beach. I always did this trip in Nov- Dec and there was seldom more than 2-3 other people there. Am I imagining things or has this become a developed campground in the past couple of years?

Ronin said:
attachicon.gif
gold bluffs - 1.jpgTook a trip up to Northern Ca coast last weekend. Spent 2 days at Gold Bluffs. There is now a loop with designated sites and flush toilets and showers. The campground was totally full but thankfully the sites are very spread out. I've camped there several times in the past and my recollection was you drove to the end of the gravel road and could virtually set up right next to the beach. I always did this trip in Nov- Dec and there was seldom more than 2-3 other people there. Am I imagining things or has this become a developed campground in the past couple of years?
I’ve been going there for at least 15 years and it has always been a developed campground. More recent in the past ~5 years or more are the solar showers. They did go to reservations as that campground has gotten crazy busy after some Sunset magazine write ups. I live in the area and used to be able to drive up Friday after work and get a spot, no longer possibly.

Outnabout said:
I’ve been going there for at least 15 years and it has always been a developed campground. More recent in the past ~5 years or more are the solar showers. They did go to reservations as that campground has gotten crazy busy after some Sunset magazine write ups. I live in the area and used to be able to drive up Friday after work and get a spot, no longer possibly.
Guess I'm losing it - I just don't recall there being a loop. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom