The Central Coast

SunMan

King Taco
It's springtime again and that means it was time for the annual run up the coast to our favorite spot...Big Sur. Not much of a remote, back country solitude event, just out to enjoy some beautiful scenery. Central California at its best.

The poppies and lupine are blooming like mad. Saw quite a few FWC's and even an ATC on a Tacoma, they saw the WTW sticker and commented though they weren't actual members.

These photos are from three weeks ago, we enjoyed it so much we are heading up again this afternoon!

Our favorite secret spot:

Attachments

• pr1.JPG
    pr1.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 327
  • pr2.JPG
    pr2.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 363
  • pr3.JPG
    pr3.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 331
  • pr4.JPG
    pr4.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 269
  • pr5.JPG
    pr5.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 279
  • pr6.JPG
    pr6.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 274
Did I mention the poppies?

Attachments

• pop1.JPG
    pop1.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 178
  • pop2.JPG
    pop2.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 192
  • pop3.JPG
    pop3.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 263
  • pop4.JPG
    pop4.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 278
Some final shots on the way home...

Attachments

• gun1.JPG
    gun1.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 159
  • hl1.JPG
    hl1.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 170
  • hl2.JPG
    hl2.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 161

Dayum!

Now why didn't you tell me about that one when you gave me all of those Big Sur tips?! That's an amazing spot! Great photos from there... and that is one handsome pup. He is really good looking. I always appreciate when you put up a pic or two of him as well.

Nice, nice, nice! :cool:

Sun Man - I envy you in every way. Here you find a spot only hours away from where I live and show it's beauty. Note to self: "Must Work Harder to Get Good Off Road Camper for 2008 Crew Cab Toyota Tundra"

It's springtime again and that means it was time for the annual run up the coast to our favorite spot...Big Sur. Not much of a remote, back country solitude event, just out to enjoy some beautiful scenery. Central Califonia at its best.

The poppies and lupine are blooming like mad. Saw quite a few FWC's and even an ATC on a Tacoma, they saw the WTW sticker and commented though they weren't actual members.

These photos are from three weeks ago, we enjoyed it so much we are heading up again this afternoon!

this looks like the area of pacific valley off the Nacimento -Ferguson road.how cool. haven't been up that road in lots of years.the pictures are beautiful.happy trails. frank

this looks like the area of pacific valley off the Nacimento -Ferguson road.how cool. haven't been up that road in lots of years.the pictures are beautiful.happy trails. frank

You got it Frank. It's really not much of a secret, it was packed the day we were up there, i just happened to find a "stealth" site. I've posted the info here in previous trip reports. Can be found off of South Coast Ridge Road.

KC, in my defense i don't think I knew about it back then...I wouldn't hold out on you bud
wink.gif

Had another great trip this weekend. Woke up to rain this morning at Riverside...sorta felt bad for the tent campers while lying in bed as my coffee was brewing...well, maybe not too bad.

STORMY coming home today though. The ocean was roiling! Slow drive. Had to "fuel up" at the Taco Temple in Morro Bay...mmmmm

After following several clues shown in this pic....We were able to pick up the trail of the hard to track "Sunsan" species..
I can assure you the rusty bottlecap and tennis ball were not mine....the lime, however is a dead give away! Glad you found it amigo~!

Sunman,
Looks like a great place. As soon as my girl is out of the hospital in a few weeks, we'll head up there. We'll go mid-week for less crowds. Thanks for the suggestion,
Gene

Sunman,
Looks like a great place. As soon as my girl is out of the hospital in a few weeks, we'll head up there. We'll go mid-week for less crowds. Thanks for the suggestion,
Gene

I couldn' think of a better place to take her Gene. Hope she is doing well now.

WOW those are beautiful pictures sent them to my wife as ammo for a camper :D thanks ,D

PS great looking Pup ! I love Labs

Back
Top Bottom