The Silverton Colorado Area

Bosque Bill

This is the first of five posts covering my trip to the San Juan Mountains of June 11 - 16, 2013. I figured smaller chunks would be more digestible. I've already processed the photos for the rest of the trip, so hope to write those posts very soon.

Silverton Colorado Area

So is everyone going to Colorado? :)
I will read this over again with the Lady and we look forward to the next installments!

Great, Bill. Looking forward to the next installment. I enjoy your mix of landscapes, macros and historical pics.

Re. your butterfly gallery: Here's a butterfly from my neck of the woods - the endangered Sacramento Mountains Checkerspot. It's only found in a 6 mile (approx.) radius around Cloudcroft. If you ever want to get your own photos, head to Bailey Canyon in the Sacramentos around July 4th when the Sneezeweed blooms.

Checkerspot_small.jpg

highz said:
Great, Bill. Looking forward to the next installment. I enjoy your mix of landscapes, macros and historical pics.

Re. your butterfly gallery: Here's a butterfly from my neck of the woods - the endangered Sacramento Mountains Checkerspot. It's only found in a 6 mile (approx.) radius around Cloudcroft. If you ever want to get your own photos, head to Bailey Canyon in the Sacramentos around July 4th when the Sneezeweed blooms.

attachicon.gif
Checkerspot_small.jpg
Very cool butterfly. Thanks for your comment.

Great report as always.

I did a trip last August with a group of Jeepers. There was one other tacoma. We camped at the same area for a week and traveled most of the roads in the area. If you had continued up past Animas Forks to California Pass you could have visited Lake Como. The area has so many roads with amazing things to see. So much amazing mining history.

ETAV8R said:
If you had continued up past Animas Forks to California Pass you could have visited Lake Como. The area has so many roads with amazing things to see. So much amazing mining history.
Thanks. Yes, there are are lots of interesting places to explore in the area. Worth repeated explorations.

Back
Top Bottom