The tortoise wins the race.

isonychia

Proud, new to me FWC Eagle owner. Bought this 2001 locally and installation was easy as pie! This 22re truck was already a dog but it always gets you there. I am surprised by how much storage space is inside compared to my carpet kit and camper shell. The factory dry weight in the booklet for this one is at 690#s :) I am going through and replacing the screws on the roof and putting in a fantastic fan as well as touching up the vinyl with some small patches and 303. This is the year of the bad headliner so that will be a fun project but I have some good ideas. The roof was painted with rubber so that will make the roof work a pain but if I am taking this thing to the Alcan I need guaranteed leak free. Funny, read a lot about space requirements and I am no light packer, but there is enough for 2 adults 2 40# dogs and gear in here. Definately need to be minimal with the extras, only 1 bike each and 1 fly rod but simplicity counts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 276
isonychia said:
My cherry red 22re that is. Finally! Proud, new to me FWC Eagle owner. Bought this 2001 locally and installation was easy as pie! This truck was already a dog but it always gets you there. I am surprised by how much storage space is inside compared to my carpet kit and camper shell. The factory dry weight in the booklet for this one is at 690#s :) I am going through and replacing the screws on the roof and putting in a fantastic fan as well as touching up the vinyl with some small patches and 303. This is the year of the bad headliner so that will be a fun project but I have some good ideas. The roof was painted with rubber so that will make the roof work a pain but if I am taking this thing to the Alcan I need guaranteed leak free. Funny, read a lot about space requirements and I am no light packer, but there is enough for 2 adults 2 40# dogs and gear in here. Definately need to be minimal with the extras, only 1 bike each and 1 fly rod but simplicity counts.
When are you hitting the Alcan?
Welcome and nice choice.
Frank

Congrats and welcome to the family. Nice looking rig.

The picture shows that you still have the tailgate on. Beware folding it down blocks the hole the jack handle needs to slide in to lower the spare tire...Unless you carry the tire in another location?

Happy camping.

Thanks for the pointer there! Tailgate is coming off this was a temporary install just to get her home. Pictures coming soon.

Congrats on the new-to-you camper! I wish that my 2015 Hawk had a window that big and high. Although they have squeezed in some extra storage between the top of the window and the top, it precludes having a head level view to the outside when sitting. I also would have preferred the gray vinyl that yours has versus the bright white on mine, particularly since I went for the silver side upgrade.

ETA: Having gone with the FWC side awning option pretty much makes the higher window impossible too.

Back
Top Bottom