The Wildlife Photography Thread

I got the urge to get back into my archives after seeing Bosque Bill's work. So, it took 2 hours in a chat with Apple for me to reset the MacBook password, but we got it. Here's a rework of a Bighorn (Ovis canadensis nelsoni) at Valley of Fire.

gallery_4841_711_3520942.jpg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I got the urge to get back into my archives after seeing Bosque Bill's work. So, it took 2 hours in a chat with Apple for me to reset the MacBook password, but we got it. Here's a rework of a Bighorn (Ovis canadensis nelsoni) at Valley of Fire.

Love the interplay of light/shadows in the "double" set of horns.

That’s going to be fun. Nice shot of the night heron!

Got a gimbal mount? With that much reach, it might be handy!
Thanks!

I do have a gimbal, will pretty much be a necessity, can't imagine trying to handhold that lens.

Cayuse said:
RSC_4790-L.jpg

Got a new toy, Sigma 800mm 5.6, still getting it figured out but I think it's going to be fun!
Sweet shot of BIF BCNH!
800mm is some serious reach!
What sort of body are you mounted your new toy with?

What a grand old ram!

Lighthawk said:
Sweet shot of BIF NCBH!
800mm is some serious reach!
What sort of body are you mounted your new toy with?
Thanks, mounted to a D7200 for now. At some point I'd like to upgrade to a D500 for the better focus and buffer but it won't be happening anytime soon unless one of those to good to pass up deals comes along.

Superb light, especially first three shots. Interesting crop of colorful pelican, very sharp.
The pair of coyotes (#2) is my sentimental favorite though.

Lighthawk said:
Superb light, especially first three shots. Interesting crop of colorful pelican, very sharp.
The pair of coyotes (#2) is my sentimental favorite though.
What Andy said! I love them all, but the coyotes are fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom