The Wildlife Photography Thread

That owl is beautiful. Napping ​as I do on occasion... I have always wondered how they keep so white when they rip apart things to eat!

buckland said:
That owl is beautiful. Napping ​as I do on occasion... I have always wondered how they keep so white when they rip apart things to eat!
Rob, thank you! To answer your wonder, take a peak at the breast on this owl. I believe it forgot to bring a bib.

30923460674_c93b990d4f_b.jpg

Of all the Snowy Owl photos I've taken. This one is by far may favorite. I was walking a long at first light, and found this girl right in front of me, perched on a log, with gorgeous morning light be hind her.

27638485891_32a9868101_b.jpg

wow... all color balance perfect! S/he looks very fit. Owls up north here are hard to find but we hear them a lot at night! Occasionally I'll walk under one perched on a branch and I can sense the displeasure of my interrupting the hunting silence. Bard, great horned and very evasive screech owl are our lot. Very rarely great grey.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Of all the Snowy Owl photos I've taken. This one is by far may favorite. I was walking a long at first light, and found this girl right in front of me, perched on a log, with gorgeous morning light be hind her.

Gorgeous Steve - while hiking we had one of these fly straight at us many, many years ago. Unforgettable!!

Wandering Sagebrush said:

Excellent shot, Steve.

Haven't posted in a while but thought I'd throw a few up I've taken over the past few months. My instagram account was hacked and I couldn't recover it after spending days trying to do so. Lost it all but have started a new one @parkkitchingsphotography.

i-sdHGQjr-X2.jpg

i-9w8ZwHC-X2.jpg

i-xwf5GfX-X2.jpg

i-xGk3SmM-X2.jpg

i-7rdRjpc-X2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom