Thermarest vs. memory foam?

I just received my Klymit Insulated Static-V Luxe which is not only insulated but bigger than the normal Static V that I already have. I just put it in the Finch and it looks to be perfect. Just short of the bed pull-out and if I had two it would be just about the full width of the Finch. Klymit also offers a double size but not sure how that would work out. It does have good reviews. For the inflatable backpacking type pads I stumbled across a youtube video for helping with inflation. I tried it with a small trash bag and a thick produce rubber band and it works great. No more getting out of breath before bed.

The video isn't the best quality but it shows essentially the process and it does work.

The newer inflatables tend to come with some kind of bag like that. And it is indeed much better than hyperventilating!

FYI, we tried two of the Thermarest MondKing 3D mattresses. VERY comfy at 4" thick, but the top won't close with them stacked up there (we don't have the extended cab-over). :(

I experimented with several layers of stacked Thermarests (the originals) and the top will snug up with up to 6" of mattress/bedding up there. So my searching is now limited to 3" thick mattresses. MEC.ca has one that might work. Off to the store tomorrow!

Vic

Back
Top Bottom