Thetford cassette toilet handle-can you believe this?

lost in space

Hi,

My previous post was about the broken plastic handle on the Theford toilet. I did find instructions on-line how to replace it-no problem there. The problem was finding the part. Thetford USA tells me the part is not carried by them. Their response: buy a new toilet or contact Thetford Europe (Netherlands). Duh, I don't speak Danish. However, I did find the part from a RV store in England and having them send me 2 of them (39 english pounds or like 62 dollars US). So if anybody needs this part let me know and I'll forward the store info to you. The question really is, why can't Thetford USA carry parts for its still current products.

thanks,

Me and the 2 boys are going to Wrights lake this weekend, most of the snow should be gone by now.

lost in space

However, I did find the part from a RV store in England and having them send me 2 of them (39 english pounds or like 62 dollars US). So if anybody needs this part let me know and I'll forward the store info to you. The question really is, why can't Thetford USA carry parts for its still current products.

lost in space

Hey, Lost, Thetford USA would rather sell you a whole new potty than the flush handle or any other part. So much for customer service, eh?

Most of the basic thetford 2 gallons fit in the same space....they took their heads out for that decision :D

That's enough of that....but just to let you know...I've been using a very old PP for the last 30 years and just replaced it with a reasonable thetford 135 PP at a garage sale last week...5 bucks

sometimes the fight isn't worth the battle......and bears in the woods are being painted for social inequities these days....I can't wait to see some park employee chasing a bear with a can of paint for pooping in the woods....anybody remember the 1972 osha cowboy calander

Me and the 2 boys are going to Wrights lake this weekend, most of the snow should be gone by now.

So how far in to Wrights did you make it?

ski3pin,

We were up Friday 6/17, but could NOT make it all the way in. WE got about 3 miles off of highway 50. We were about 1.5 miles short of Lyon creek. There was a snow pack that others had tried to get through, some with success, some not. I did try with my Dodge 4x4 but got stuck. Backed out OK. We took a walk pass the 1st snow pack and seen that there were at least 5 other snow packs on the road. Wasn't worth the trouble. We stayed the night on the side of the road and still had a good time. This is the 2nd time I dissapointed my boys by not making it. So we are going to try again Friday July 8th. By that time, the snow on the road should be gone (said the Forest Ranger we met).

regards,

Lost in space.

ski3pin,

We were up Friday 6/17, but could NOT make it all the way in. WE got about 3 miles off of highway 50. We were about 1.5 miles short of Lyon creek. There was a snow pack that others had tried to get through, some with success, some not. I did try with my Dodge 4x4 but got stuck. Backed out OK. We took a walk pass the 1st snow pack and seen that there were at least 5 other snow packs on the road. Wasn't worth the trouble. We stayed the night on the side of the road and still had a good time. This is the 2nd time I dissapointed my boys by not making it. So we are going to try again Friday July 8th. By that time, the snow on the road should be gone (said the Forest Ranger we met).

regards,

Lost in space.

Try China Flat up Silver Fork Road, just east of Kyburz. It's only about five miles to the south of hiway 50. The snow pack was crazy this year!!

Back
Top Bottom