Thinking about buying gear from Front Runner?

larryqp

DOMETIC TO ACQUIRE FRONT RUNNER VEHICLE OUTFITTERS

The recent news that Dometic is buying Front Runner, saddens me. I have a few products i purchased from Front Runner and I have been extremely happy with both the product and the quality of the product. I have been a full-time RV for over 23 years and have purchased lots of after market parts as well as repair items and replacement appliances over the years. In my opinion every time Dometic buys a company, the quality of their products goes down hill.

According to a press release, the purchase will not be finalized until the 3rd quarter. My advice is that if you are thinking of buying some of the great gear from Front Runner, then do it before the end of 2021, while the folks at Front Runner are still in control.

Yes, I also shuddered when I read that release. I live 15 miles from their SoCal showroom and occasionally just drop by to chat or ogle product. They’re very friendly and generous with their time; that has not been my experience with Dometic. Hopefully Dometic will leave the FR management structure alone.

No word on purchase price but it’s reported that it’ll be a cash transaction. FR has $35 million in sales so no small potatoes. I can see why a purchase offer was considered.

Back
Top Bottom