This is really what I call camping !

Stan@FourWheel

OK, I think I'm ready to trade in my FWC pop-up camper and go with something just a tad bit bigger (laughs).

What kind of truck do they expect a customer to put this on ?

WOW !! 5300 lbs. truck camper -- Dry Weight !

>

Attachments

• oktks-2.jpg
    oktks-2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 791
  • oktks-3.jpg
    oktks-3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 779
Holly Cow Man................I don't think my F250 could carry that thing...better to put wheels on that.....oh wait....that is called a travel trailer......

Very expensive table fare...

A fellow and his gal with one of those big 'ns and a bass boat were camping next to me in FL a bit ago. The sliders were powered. I think it was on an F-450 diesel dually 4x4. I remember thinking, "I wonder how much it cost to catch those fish per pound?

Florida is a good place for one of those "Road Slugs",all flat land.It just doesn't seem like driving something as heavy as that would be much fun.Going through mountain passes out west or the Salt River Canyon here in Az.would be pretty scary no matter what monster diesel you had under it.

Okanagan

Okanagan is a Kanadian brand camper. We saw them on the Alaska Highway and in the Yukon this summer. Okanagan makes trailers and 5th wheels too.

This one is a destination RV, like most of what they make. The snowbirds unload these from their trucks when in Florida and Arizona campgrounds while wintering over. The dually diesels that haul these big campers look a lot cooler with no 5th wheel hitch stuck in the back.

For the right people, these units are fine. People who like lightweight FWC style campers don’t understand these big campers until after their first knee joint replacements.

Looking forward, to knee join replacement age, I always figured I'd go with a TT or 5T. Bout the time the Jeep stops being fun. Traveling, I hope that never stops being fun.

Back
Top Bottom