Thoughts on securing fresh water drain from mischievous hands.

I addressed this issue today as well, and added a twist.

So, the old handle on the drain valve snapped off, and I wanted a durable replacement. I found this unit at HomeDepot.ca
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.sillcock-pex-quarter-turn-12-inch.1000723799.html

I also have wished for a good outside water source. The old drain valve dribbled water slowly, and going inside the camper all the time to fill water bottles from the faucet was getting tiresome. So, I plumbed in a T connection after the pump output and routed that to the drain line. I capped off the drain line near the tank so I can reverse this change if I want.

This means I don't technically have a drain, but the pump does a great job of getting the tank very empty already, and much faster than the drain line does.

With the pump on, I can get water from the inside faucet, and now my outside faucet. With the pump off, no water flows out the drain, so no issue with "water thieves" either.

Busted off valve being removed. I snapped the plastic mount off, and pushed on the hose sticking in the hole to release the hose
full

Hose from behind. There is a hose clamp on there preventing the hose from pulling out, which is why the plastic bits broke

full

New faucet in place

full

I made a short video, but can't upload that to the gallery. There is good pressure and water flow coming out of that valve!

Hi everyone
new to this site and we are the owners of a Fleet .
We camp year round skiing to summer camping.
My first mode was to add another valve on the inside of the camper. Which helps your concern of tampering and mine of freezing during a winter outing.
I have found this site very informative and I have enjoyed reading about FWC’s learning and doing more mods that meet our camping needs. Hoop

Vic Harder said:
I addressed this issue today as well, and added a twist.

So, the old handle on the drain valve snapped off, and I wanted a durable replacement. I found this unit at HomeDepot.ca
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.sillcock-pex-quarter-turn-12-inch.1000723799.html

I also have wished for a good outside water source. The old drain valve dribbled water slowly, and going inside the camper all the time to fill water bottles from the faucet was getting tiresome. So, I plumbed in a T connection after the pump output and routed that to the drain line. I capped off the drain line near the tank so I can reverse this change if I want.

This means I don't technically have a drain, but the pump does a great job of getting the tank very empty already, and much faster than the drain line does.

With the pump on, I can get water from the inside faucet, and now my outside faucet. With the pump off, no water flows out the drain, so no issue with "water thieves" either.

Busted off valve being removed. I snapped the plastic mount off, and pushed on the hose sticking in the hole to release the hose

Hose from behind. There is a hose clamp on there preventing the hose from pulling out, which is why the plastic bits broke

New faucet in place

I made a short video, but can't upload that to the gallery. There is good pressure and water flow coming out of that valve!
Nice Mod. I like it.

While I mostly use the tank water for washing dishes, showering and spraying down the dog, I placed a valve interal to the camper to preclude any inadvertant draining... either by mistake or malicious intent. Very easy to do.

longhorn1 said:
Just like people wanting to lock their propane storage door which is illegal.
Um... Can you expand on this a bit? I think I have an issue if this is true...

Back
Top Bottom