Tie down system for ford f150

surfdude2133

I've finally got my new (to me) Hallmark UTE on the truck and strapped down. I am using ratchet straps and attaching them to my frame in the front and back of the bed. My problem is they are running across my body and I feel this will weaken them and damage the truck. I have looked at torklift frame mounts and while nice are pricey. Any other solid options under 200 dollars that I should look into. Thanks 20170531_150710_resized.jpg

Probably not the $200.00 solution, but I'd guess it's less than the torklift system:

http://happijac.com/tie-downs.html

Another approach from a company that's been at it a long time:

http://www.crbrophy.com/tdhd.html

Keeping a lookout on Craigslist may get you into any of the 3 thus mentioned systems. I know in my neck of the woods this stuff shows up from time to time there. Another source is if you have a good old fashioned u-pull-it junk yard. I found my Happijac front mounts at one. Not to disrespect Torklift, it's a good system, but IIRC back in the 90's Ford equipped it's camper package pickups with the Happijac system.

Whatever direction you go, good luck.

I have an ATC on a 2015 F150 and had the same questions you have. Finally went with the torklift on the front, with standard threaded tiedowns attached to the jack brackets. Yes, they are pricey, but the happijac folks apparently don't make brackets for the new F150s, (I called and talked to them, about 18 months ago so this may have changed) and even if they did, I'm not real happy with the way they attach to the bed rather than the frame. My camper is an 8-foot ATC Cougar on a 6.5-foot bed, so sits on the tailgate. I built some custom tiedown brackets under the bumper that are bolted to the frame, and use some chain plus a large turnbuckle to attach to the jack brackets. These pull somewhat forward and help keep the camper snug against the front wall of the bed.

My two cents.

Back
Top Bottom