tie downs

fish alot !!

I try and fish at least two or three times a week, more if I get all my projects completed. byou live in humbolt, sounds like you live somewhere around Whitethorn

fish alot !!

I try and fish at least two or three times a week, more if I get all my projects completed. where do you live in Humbolt, sounds like somewhere near Whitethorn

I try and fish at least two or three times a week, more if I get all my projects completed. byou live in humbolt, sounds like you live somewhere around Whitethorn

I guess the RAINING IN WHITETHORN post was kind of a clue, eh'

Well Welcome To The Zoo

I hate to bring this up but, HUMBOLDT and yes we get a little rain around here. Have you left the area?

moved !!

living in Auburn, but still visit friends in Whitethorn three to four times a year, fish Shelter Cove with Trent, also a friend who lives closer to Redway

Small World

About 10 minutes ago I got off the phone with Trent, we have been friends for about 25yrs. we we're talking about the latest sac. river return numbers. He bought a tractor last week to launch his cat.

launching at the Cove

the last few years have been a pain for launching, no shows, slow, it's great Trent got himself a tractor !! Now where's the Salmon, no telling what this season will bring with new regs

Keep You're Rockcod Gear Handy

I don't think there will be a Salmon season until 2012 at the earliest, the return no. in the Sac. system were the lowest since they started keeping track. Until the real problems are addressed the situation won't change, fishing or no fishing. In my 30 plus yrs. of commercial fishing I have paid countless thousands of dollars in assements for resource rehabilitaion, all of which was wasted on million dollar studies to find a way to divert blame to somewhere else, rather than where it belonged, the struggle goes on to try to somehow save this for the future, I would like your kids to experience some of what I was able to enjoy, and I will never give up trying to make that happen. THGHT LINES TO YA'

You boys want to go shopping for furniture?

Mr. Pueblo: That kind of question needs to be asked in person, in order to receive the apporprate response.

Back to the topic...

What's a "binder". I'd also like to know if there are alternatives to the turnbuckles. They are annoying to remove and replace every time.
I would love to have something that used a simple ratcheting mechanism to tighten, or something similar.

what's a binder ?

you see large sized used on large trucks to secure their loads, has two hooks with a lever for a handle that you pull over to tighten the binder, surf the web for tie down binder

Torklift tie downs

Look into Torklift tie downs, their Derringer model looks like it will work great for the FWC's. The pictures on their website do not represent the recent models which are smaller and can be applied to our tie down needs. They will make the job much easier to tie down. Search the web, I believe the web site of "wholesale rv" has a recent photo.

In a gas station in St. George, I got to talking with an old guy parked next to me with his well worn camper rig and old dog. The condition of him, rig, and dog suggested he lived on BLM land longer and further out than any of us. I can't remember why we got on the subject of tie downs. He said one of his had broken while he was way out somewhere off road. He looked around and found an old boot and salvaged the shoe lace which he was using it for his tie down. He had made it many miles off road and was still using it ... a shoe lace.

Sometimes you guys make more of this than is actually there.

John D

It's a Bigger Stick Contest

Gentlemen, There plenty of Fish for all. It's hours in the day that's the issue. Observe the regs or the Game Warden whichever comes first.

Back
Top Bottom