TIme to hit the road

Absolutely, 100%. I'll be surprised if you can even get one for the weekend now... Might want to have a Plan B in mind, just in case.

Thanks KC I'll see what I can do. I was thinking about goint to Mojave Preserve as well - is there more backcountry camping there?

I'm pretty sure it's wide open out there DD.

That's a good weekend for me. I could push out Thurs. afternoon (the 4th) or early Friday morning depending on where you are gonna be.

I'm pretty sure it's wide open out there DD.

That's a good weekend for me. I could push out Thurs. afternoon (the 4th) or early Friday morning depending on where you are gonna be.

Is there a particular campground you like?

Plenty out in the Mojave, but I've always been leary of rolling out there solo. Huge empty spaces if Murphy's Law kicks into effect... Beautiful area, but very remote and lonely. I didn't have cell reception the last time I was there in '07.

If you're going that far south, you might also consider jumping across the 10 and checking out Anza Borrego and/or the Salton Sea area. Anza Borrego is top notch with tons of camping opps. Joshua Tree is beautiful too but always packed at the campgrounds.

We also are real curious about the Mojave Preserve as well and look forward to more information being posted for us FWC/ATC folks. I used to travel through that area all the time when I was a kid.........but that was a while ago. Looking forward to a revisit and new explorations.

Just rolled into Mojave. Long, tough day with all sorts of nasty weather so I'm hotelling it tonight. Jtree in the morn!

That's a big day DD, sorry I had to bag out on you. Could've really used a weekend in J-Tree.

I'm not sure if Marc is going to make it either. Which means I'm going to have to drink enough beer for three of us. I am up to the task.

You're killing me. When we got there on Christmas Day, we were so sick all we could do was crawl into bed. Took a bunch of drugs the next morning and drove home. Guess we'll try again next year.

Back
Top Bottom