Time to start from scratch

rotti

Just about shed a tear as the new owner drove her off. Bought her new in 83 and didn't really think I was that attached until she disappeared down the road. Anyone else become emotionally involved with a hunk of steel? She went to a good home and I hope in time I will heal.

Anyway I'm now in market for a new truck to hold a new FWC. Was about order an 11 GMC 3500 when I ran across this: GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept - PickupTrucks.com News. http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/12/first-look-gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd-concept.html

Now I'm really in quandary. That is exactly what I want but it is only a concept and who knows when or if it will be built. Yes I know there is Power Wagon out there but I as you can probably see I've become irrationally attached to Gov Motors and previous my love.

Attachments

• k20_low_webnew.jpg
    k20_low_webnew.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 177
The new Power Wagon and the truck you reference are apparently not available with an 8 foot bed. As far as I am concerned, short bed trucks are toys. I started to say they are not manly but figured I had already insulted three forths of the universe, so will leave it at that. :LOL:

I sold/gave away a truck like the one you sold. Biggest mistake I ever made. Your old truck sure is fine. I know how your felt to see it go. I would probably have cried too (real men cry). John D

I really admire you guys who can keep a vehicle for a long time. My brother just sold a 1985 cj7 that he has had for 23 years. My record is 7 years, I just sold a 2000 silverado 1/2 ton 2wd that I bought in 2003 with 45k miles. I've owned it for 7 years and put an additional 110k miles on it.

This is what I replaced it with. A 2002 F350 4x4 7.3 diesel. I can only hope that this truck is as good/reliable as my last truck.

Good luck with your new truck and many more miles/memories.

Sean

DSCN0231copy.jpg

DSCN0229copy.jpg

My truck is the first and only vehicle I've ever bought new. Seven years? thats hardly getting it broken in.

I've been driving now for 18yrs and have yet to sell a vehicle. I grow attached, they are like my children. Luckily though, I'm also not in debt like my sister is. She gets bored after about a year and wants something new.

I still have the 1988 toy pickup that I left home with, modified a bit now, but best truck ever! Everyone either tells me its old and I should sell it or that I should sell it to them cause they want it. Sorry! They'll be pryin' that one out of my cold dead hands! Thats my baby!

Your chevy was really nice!

Kevo

Back
Top Bottom