Tioga?

Vic

camping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range
I guess I've gotten spoiled by other national parks' road updates (Death Valley gets the prize here; Roads have their own facebook page) - Yosemite's updates of Tioga are...sparse.

Planning a trip there the end of the month - just curious if anyone has been to the area lately and wondered how the snowpack was? I'm much rather take Tioga than the scenic and much longer bypass route for this trip. thx

Thx - I've been watching those links. Hopefully NPS will update the plowing when they get some progress to report.

Don't get me wrong - not complaining about the snowpack. After the last 4 winters I consider a snow closure to be a high class problem to have.

And here it is. Fingers still crossed for an end of the month opening, but looking good.

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tioga.htm

Tioga Road
Updated May 6, 2016
Mono County and National Park Service road plowing crews have met just east of Tenaya Lake. However, park staff still has a lot of work to do before the road can open, including clearing fallen trees and rocks, removing hazard trees, plowing side roads, and plowing the full width of the Tioga Road. There is still no estimated opening date.
We will update this page if or when the road partially opens to cyclists before it opens to vehicles.

Highway 120 is now open on the east side up to the county line and NP boundary -

SR 120
[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA & SIERRA NEVADA]
IS CLOSED FROM CRANE FLAT (TUOLUMNE CO) TO THE TUOLUMNE/MONO CO LINE /TIOGA PASS/ - FOR THE WINTER - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

From the NPS website today....

Tioga Road opens at noon on Wednesday, May 18
The Tioga Road (continuation of Highway 120 through the park) will open to all traffic at noon on Wednesday, May 18, conditions permitting. Check current road conditions by calling 209/372-0200 (then 1, then 1).

Back
Top Bottom