Tip When Removing Jacks

i do not get this, if the jacks are off the camper how can the camper flexing have anything to do with it ? have had many campers never had this problem pics anyone?

Interesting.

Went out and checked mine and three of the four corners were perfectly aligned. The fourth, drivers rear, was off by close to 1/16 or 1/8". I was going to drill it out but instead grabbed my largest phillips screwdriver and nudged one hole while placing the bolts in the other holes. Put in all the other bolts and now I am in compliance with WTW/FWC protocol....

My camper is on full time/never been off so its been bouncing around back there for close to four years.

snuffy said:
i do not get this, if the jacks are off the camper how can the camper flexing have anything to do with it ? have had many campers never had this problem pics anyone?

It's easy to see, just look through the corner bracket bolt holes and see if they are in alignment.

Yeah snuffy I don't get it either. I think they must have completely different design than I do.

Here's an image of the two piece mount, before mounting. When the camper flexes a small amount, it tends to misalign holes that are on the un-notched side of the mounts. The notched sides attach to the camper. The long side with the three holes in a straight line are paired up so the bolts that hold the jacks on are aligned (in a perfect world). The sides in the center of the image have the holes that need to be installed (and stay) alighned.

90713.png

Here's a link to Rieco that shows the individual pieces.

Here's the one piece mount that some folks might have. It would be hard to have the jack mount holes become misaligned with this design.

45-0316_0__73495.1422482608.1280.1280.jpg

Hope this helps clear things up...

My mig welder would make that a one piece bracket quickly.

Thanks for posting pics Sagebrush, could not see how they could move. I have the one piece mount.

Back
Top Bottom