Tips on re-installing pop-up material

Simps

Does anyone have any tips on reinstalling my old pop-up material? I rebuilt my whole camper from the frame up and I’m finally to the stage of reinstalling my cleaned up pop up material. It was in really good shape and had new windows sewn into it so I wanted to reuse it. It seems like it’s too small now I start attaching it from the back working my way up the side around to the curved front corner and I can’t get it to go back on it’s like it shrunk? I noticed it was stapled on originally and I pulled all the thousands of staples and cleaned everything up. Does anyone have any tips on the process should I start at the back corner? Adjustments.JPG

I believe that over the years different types of fabric have been used by FWC. Is this a rubberized type material or more like a canvas? If it's not a rubber type and you washed it while off the camper then perhaps it did shrink. If this is the case then perhaps try getting it damp and see if it will give a little although this seems like a pretty big gap in the photo.

A couple more thoughts, how are the other 3 corners winning up? Perhaps the camper framing at the top is not an exact rectangle. Try turning it around and see if it fits any better.

Good luck!

Dean

I believe that over the years different types of fabric have been used by FWC. Is this a rubberized type material or more like a canvas? If it's not a rubber type and you washed it while off the camper then perhaps it did shrink. If this is the case then perhaps try getting it damp and see if it will give a little although this seems like a pretty big gap in the photo.

A couple more thoughts, how are the other 3 corners winning up? Perhaps the camper framing at the top is not an exact rectangle. Try turning it around and see if it fits any better.

Good luck!

Dean

Man.. I have rebuilt a couple campers and I highly doubt you could re-use the old canvas. You have to cut it long so that you have some way to pull it down tight to install the bottom trim piece. Then, you trim the excess off... The material for new canvas isn't too expensive, however, sewing in the screens, windows etc is a pain...

Back
Top Bottom