Tool Kit Ideas

SOMEWHERE at WTW I saw a shovel/axe locking outside mount. Yellow in color. EXPENSIVE ~ $180. Can't find the thread or item online again. Can somebody help? Damn, that setup looked bad ass...

I don't carry duct tape any more. I now carry Gorilla brand tape. In black. Sometimes finding a quality roll of duct tape was a challenge. Each truck has it's own roll of Gorilla tape and they've seen some use. Happy to report that all of them seem to be a quality tape. Tape form one roll got stuck over a hole in a dirty, wet bed to keep the mud from coming thru some largish holes the PO drilled. It stayed there for several years.

MThomas,

Yes, the Aluminess "Expedition Kit" was what I remembered.
https://www.aluminess.com/accessories/recovery-gear/
Wow! Price is now up to $225. Far above my memory of $180.

Instructions teach how to mount this beast to the Aluminess "Box", which I'll never do. I remember a WTW pic of it on the side of a FWC.

Hmmmmmm... Is VHB tape resiliant/bomb-proof enough to hold the Mounting Bracket & Shovel & Axe to the side of our beloved FWC's? Without drilling holes in the siding?

Enquiring Minds Want to Know!

Thankx for any & all responses, and alternatives!

I am a big fan of VHB tape, but I do not think that I'd trust it exclusively when used that way.

Back
Top Bottom