Trackline Campers from Australia

mrfritz44

Advanced Member
My wife stepped foot in a popup truck camper and basically said no way so my hunt for one of those has ended. She does however seem interested in trailer campers and I particularly like the offroad models popular in Australia. I like the idea of a cross country trip with options to head offroad on BLM land, particularly in Utah and Colorado.

I see several luxury offroad trailer models but none are easy to get in the US. I also think I've been sufficiently scared away from the Black Series given the owner complaints of the versions available here. I have taken an interest in Tracklines given their aluminum construction and beefy frame and chassis, but I can't see any available in the US either. Does anyone know where I could find a Trackline or another aluminium walled offroad trailer option?

Fred

Is this them?
legendcaravans.com/au

Nice looking but I wish their website had a pic or two of the things being constructed. Probably too nice inside for me but I'm kind of a caveman.

Not that it's important but why do 'off road' trailers need mud tires? I can sort of see if maybe they will fit the tow vehicle as a spare but otherwise it just seems silly. I'd rather have something that looks like an aircraft tire.

It looks ok, but I think a lot of it comes down to tow rig. I had a Fleetwood Evolution and it would go anywhere with ease that the tow rig would pull it. That Aussie rig looks to be built Ford tough, but I don't know that you would really ever need that, unless you're pulling it with a Raptor. You can pull just about anything anywhere, depending on the tow rig.

I agree with the tire comment above. Sometimes you want an off road tire on a trailer, but very seldom would it be useful. Typically you want the easiest rolling tire, unless of course, as stated above, it fits the tow rig.

Back
Top Bottom