Trasharoo

park

Have got a Trasharoo and was wondering about some ideas as to how others have mounted on the rear of their FWC.

Thanks....Park

Until I got my Aluminess rear with spare tire mount I carried my Trasharoo strapped on the rear door of my Eagle. No problems with leaks at all through some pretty heavy rain.

Charlie

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

I use a tie-down loop bolted on the driver side rear jack mount and the Roof step to the right of it. I remove jacks when not stored. Tighten the straps and it stays put. It makes a bit harder to access propane storage but not a big deal. To keep the door swung open I just bungee it.

I'm actually going to follow this post to see if someone has a more professional install ;)

Attachments

• trasharoo.jpg
    trasharoo.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 182
I'm guessing you have a standard slide in, so this may not work for you, but I built a rack out of 80/20 material on the back of mine to hold some of the extra stuff like our trash-a-roo. We usually put it over the mat-tracks in the center.

The 80/20 materials are like big kid legos and can be used for a lot of different designs even if you have a rear door.

Don

-

We cheat and hang it on the spare tire sitting on the swing-away spare carrier. Best pic we have of it, Going to the Sun, Glacier N.P.:

i-QdtJtmr-L.jpg

Since I have put my spare back underneath the Tacoma I have the same problem, no where to hang mine either.

Attachments

• 20160324_181647_resized.jpg
    20160324_181647_resized.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 176
I wrap the top straps through a combination of the rear wall steps and grab handle. I feed the bottom straps over the top of the bumper (between truck and bumper) and back around bumper to meet up with top straps. Not ideal but it works and you can still see license plate for highway driving.

elmo_4_vt said:
I'm guessing you have a standard slide in, so this may not work for you, but I built a rack out of 80/20 material on the back of mine to hold some of the extra stuff like our trash-a-roo. We usually put it over the mat-tracks in the center.

The 80/20 materials are like big kid legos and can be used for a lot of different designs even if you have a rear door.

Don

-
I might have to steal this idea for my rig. Mounting stuff on the back is my next project. Did you drill through your tools to mount them to the 80/20?

Back
Top Bottom