Travel Lock Upgrade - Pictures Please

Green_Rino

Hi, my 95’ Cabover has hasp latches installed (one on each side) for the top travel lock. I have seen a few posts on the travel lock topic however no one posts pictures of what they have done and most of the descriptions (other than throw a strap over the top) are very challenging to decipher. I don’t like the hasp locks on mine and am going to remove them and do something else. I would appreciate some pictures of what others have done for their travel lock. Even what pictures of what the factory does now would be helpful. Attached is a picture of one of the hasp locks on mine.

Thanks!
71A1A901-02CC-4E3C-90FE-FBE297E5A90E.jpeg

For our 2016 AK camper (7' long x 7' wide flat bed with a cab over) the travel lock was installed at the factory. It is a 3/8" bolt about 4 inches long, going through the cab over and the base. I installed a keeper pin for the nut vibrated off couple times on some long dirt roads and I lost the bolt. Now it stays put all the time. It is located on the drivers side. We have been on a few 60 mph crosswind travels across the Mojave going 75 mph. This travel lock had done the job. Because of the size limits, I hope you can get and idea with these photos.

IMG_0580 (1).jpgIMG_0578 (1).jpgIMG_0576 (1).jpgIMG_0574 (1).jpgIMG_0573.jpg

Back
Top Bottom