Trip of a Wifetime, Trippin The Bears Ears

Grand Whazoo

Court Jester
It's an older TR, but maybe still relevant with it being a new monument. This trip starts at the turn-off to Natural Bridges and runs until Elk Ridge Road hits Hwy 211 in The Needles. But wait, there's more...click here
img_161922_0_52f93acadbcf528cadebd16882c7a454.jpg

Wow Dave, what an amazing trip!!

I hope it's decided to keep Elk Ridge Road open, I would like to do the route myself someday in the future when a get a suitable vehicle capable of the journey.

All hail the Grand Whazoo! ;)

Wow what a great trip. Great pics as usual. I'm not sure I'm willing to take my truck in the places you go. Maybe I'll have to tow the Jeep when I go!

Neat ruins and a fun trip report! We experienced that wind at Muley Point the fall. Quite the rockin' time.

Hey Tuff Guy, It was a great trip, more so because of the timing of getting to Denver Airport from the Needles at the exact perfect second. How can a guy plan that lol? And yes I'd be willing to bet that Elk Ridge Road will stay open, although the planning for the NM hasn't even started yet. It is the main north-south road that gives access to just about everything else. And I say the same thing, well a little differently ok. "What the hail Whazoo?" Thanks mucho TG!

Hi Craig, So why tow the Jeep? You have the truck and you have the camper, make those Jeepers envious when you put the lid up for camp on some hard-to-get-to location and they, have to go home! See Ya Craig...

Frank! You'd be white knuckles on those trails? Well you didn't see mine lol. My steering wheel has permanent "finger" grooves hah. You'd be just fine Frank, in fact I'll follow you if you don't mind! Thank you Frank, have a great day!

Bill and Linda, I sure enjoy the fact that you looked at and took the time to reply to my trip report, safe travels to you both.

Hey there Takesiteasy, Thank you for your reply as well! And boy that wind at Muley was the worst, up till that point, we'd ever camped in. But, there was another time last year above Paria Canyon that I set up camp and had the truck broadside to the wind. Of course it wasn't windy at all before bed so I didn't know. I was afraid to pull the truck head-on to the wind before lowering the top in the morning yet while lowering it the wind was so bad that it broke the lifting struts on one side of the camper. I hope I don't experience that again. I'll hope winter is treating you well this year, happy trails.

N'kwala, Thanks very much, I appreciate it. Happy New Years to you...

Back
Top Bottom