Trip to Iceland

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
I was in Reykjavik for the International Conference of Shameless Drunks recently and thought I would share some photos.

The Harpa Center in Reykjavik is one of the neatest buildings I've ever seen:

gallery_2_379_115965.jpg

Þingvellir National Park - site of the first parliament of Iceland
gallery_2_379_278940.jpg

Gullfoss
gallery_2_379_227855.jpg

gallery_2_379_188666.jpg

I was surprised to see that there are a great many big bad 4x4's in Iceland - even in Reykjavik!

gallery_2_379_183045.jpg

gallery_2_379_3260158.jpg

Geysers

gallery_2_379_175612.jpg

gallery_2_379_155896.jpg

Volcano
gallery_2_379_226175.jpg

And thats it. I should have taken photos around Reykjavik but I was lazy. Iceland is an easy place to visit as everyone speaks English and there are a lot of guide services. Getting there and lodging in the early springs is actually pretty inexpensive but expect high prices for everything on the ground in Iceland.

DD-is it true they drink allot there- Maybe a great place for a FWC rally! I know I would if i lived there-despite the great scenery; maybe we need a status report on it, after all, we go everywhere, why not there!! Hey, speaking of snow and ice, maybe you would know if this site ever did a thread on portable wood/coal stoves-seen stuff, BB and cook stoves and those sort of things, not not those, but you know the type you can carry along and cook outside, keep warm with it-small compact, could use it in a tent, or a quick shelter or by it self. google comes up with some portable stoves, but not really sure of how to rate them. Matter of fact probably the type you would take on an outing in Iceland-no wood, probably coal! Enjoy!

Smoke

I was surprised to see that there are a great many big bad 4x4's in Iceland - even in Reykjavik!

From what I hear it's pretty much required to get around outside of the main city areas, lots of slop to get through.

From what I hear it's pretty much required to get around outside of the main city areas, lots of slop to get through.

:eek:
Hey, they have paved roads in the back country-'cept they keep getting covered by lava flows-I guess we would have to take that into account on a rally there? Maybe I wouldn't need a coal stove after all, just use the lava-right?:eek:This could be a fun rally-maybe do a convoy from So. Cal to Canada to Greenland and on over-what a trip that would be!

Smoke

x2. I love April 1st.

:eek:
Ted-do you mean we are not going to Iceland after all?:eek: I thought that was what my arctic pack was for?

Smoke

x2. I love April 1st.

Oh, man... I hate to admit it but I was completely fooled...embarrassing.
rolleyes.gif
I actually thought DD went to Iceland!

Oh well -- it's good for my humility to be caught clueless once in a while.
tongue.gif

Heh I did go to Iceland :D No fooling.

Now I don't know what to believe.
unsure.gif

Scan the page of your passport with the Iceland stamp and post it here.
dry.gif

[Our son will be in Iceland in a few days..Or he might be there now. Not sure. .Flying from Frankfurt. he is heading to the Queen Charlottes to fish for the summer...Poor boy...
Supposed to be back in Canada on the 9 of april. after his 7 months of wandering around europe...

robbie

Now I don't know what to believe.
unsure.gif

Scan the page of your passport with the Iceland stamp and post it here.
dry.gif

:mad:

Yep-better do it! Truth is what we are about here! Unless you didn't go!\:mad:

Smoke

Heh I did go to Iceland No fooling.

See DD, this is the problem with you telling fibs all the time. I'm still not buying it. No shots of you or M like your usual trip reports. No shots of the food or drink you had. I suppose you will tell us it was a honeymoon. I still say it didn't happen and will bet a Pliney on it. :p

See DD, this is the problem with you telling fibs all the time. I'm still not buying it. No shots of you or M like your usual trip reports. No shots of the food or drink you had. I suppose you will tell us it was a honeymoon. I still say it didn't happen and will bet a Pliney on it. :p

Well actually I'm single now and wandering the Earth like Cane from Kung Fu.

April Fools or not -- I like the idea of going to Iceland. :D

They have some pretty crazy offroad snow wheeling trucks over there. If you need fender flares for your new Toyota to fit 20" wide tires - Iceland is the place to get them!

Barefoot, armed only with your wooden flute...and deadly hands.

So now you have to show the passport and the dragons burned into your forearms.

Hey, if he's got dragons burned into his forearms thats good enough for me. Passports can be photohshopped, but arms, thats the real deal:oops:

Back
Top Bottom