Trouble with furnace

RandR

Hello-

I recently purchases a 2001 Hawk and I cannot get the furance to come on. No heat, fan, nothing and when I adjust the thermostat I hear nothing (Ive made sure the switch on top is to "on"). Seems to be an electrical issue, the lights in the camper are working though.
The only thing I know to check is the fuse and its good.

Also how long should the deep cycle battery generally last if youre just using lights?

Thanks for the help,

Randy

Hello-

I recently purchases a 2001 Hawk and I cannot get the furance to come on. No heat, fan, nothing and when I adjust the thermostat I hear nothing (Ive made sure the switch on top is to "on"). Seems to be an electrical issue, the lights in the camper are working though.

Also how long should the deep cycle battery generally last if you're just using lights?

Thanks for the help,

Randy

My 2020 Hawk's furnace would not come on when I got it last year. Thought a big problem. Used meter to find no signal from the thermostat. I found spider webs in thermostat blocking the contacts, cleaned and came on. Hope you get as lucky.

Hey there

Was that you that called in today ?

Just let me know if those pointers we talked about helped get er' going for you.

Happy Camping !

Stan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello-

Also how long should the deep cycle battery generally last if youre just using lights?

Thanks for the help,

Randy

My 2020 Hawk's furnace would not come on when I got it last year. Thought a big problem. Used meter to find no signal from the thermostat. I found spider webs in thermostat blocking the contacts, cleaned and came on. Hope you get as lucky.

Thanks Bill I wish I could say I was as lucky. I'm taking in the circuit board in to be tested.

Have you had any issues with your 3-way fridge? (assuming you have one) the 220 and 12 work great but the propane doesnt cool, the pilot light is on and the cannister gets warm but the fridge doesnt cool.

thanks, Randy

Will do, thanks

Just got back from Baja. Camper worked great except for the fridge. The 220 and 12V worked great but I couldnt get the propane to cool the fridge, eventhough the pilot lites.

thanks, Randy

I've had several issue that were T-stat related. Somehow the copper contact that swivels inside the unit gets out of whack. I tested by crossing the wires inside the stat to verify the furnace would fire.

Back
Top Bottom