TROUBLE

the fisherman

Big Time
Earthquake in Eureka, disaster in Haiti, 12in. of rain in Whitethorn in 24hr., and now I wake up to find I have no power a couple of broken windows and Tiger Woods is in rehab. for sex addiction, I can't take too much more.

Yah the past week or so has been quite crazy. In my neck of the woods we had quite a bit of rain, 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch per hour today plus a water spout that hit 4 miles from me and came ashore and wrecked some boats. Still the worst is yet to come. Stay tuned

marc

Yah the past week or so has been quite crazy. In my neck of the woods we had quite a bit of rain, 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch per hour today plus a water spout that hit 4 miles from me and came ashore and wrecked some boats. Still the worst is yet to come. Stay tuned

marc

I'm not complaining, there are people truly suffering right now. El Nino' at work, it was fairly predictable with the water in the equatorial pacific up 3 or 4 deg. this is what we get. And I got some bad news for you, now that I'm off the gen. I turned on my weather fax and this next low pressure is packing a pretty stiff breeze, and it looks like it will cover most of the coast. We already have some nasty sea conditions up here, I could be in for an expensive surprise, before this all blew up we pulled most of our pots, but I decided to leave a 100 so we would have a paycheck when we went back out. With these kind of conditions they will move all over the place, or if they don't they'll sand up, and we will have to pump the dam things to free them up from the bottom, we'll see, but I don't feel real lucky this time. About $220.00 a pop fully rigged. Who knows, I've had it go both ways.It is raining up here like I haven't seen in 5 or 6yrs. Keep your eye on your hat. I wonder what the dear Rev. Robinson has to say about Tiger Woods, something to do with an association with the devil I bet.

I'm not complaining, there are people truly suffering right now. El Nino' at work, it was fairly predictable with the water in the equatorial pacific up 3 or 4 deg. this is what we get. And I got some bad news for you, now that I'm off the gen. I turned on my weather fax and this next low pressure is packing a pretty stiff breeze, and it looks like it will cover most of the coast. We already have some nasty sea conditions up here, I could be in for an expensive surprise, before this all blew up we pulled most of our pots, but I decided to leave a 100 so we would have a paycheck when we went back out. With these kind of conditions they will move all over the place, or if they don't they'll sand up, and we will have to pump the dam things to free them up from the bottom, we'll see, but I don't feel real lucky this time. About $220.00 a pop fully rigged. Who knows, I've had it go both ways.It is raining up here like I haven't seen in 5 or 6yrs. Keep your eye on your hat. I wonder what the dear Rev. Robinson has to say about Tiger Woods, something to do with an association with the devil I bet.

I'm with you Jon .. When you look at the scope of all that has happened in Hati :( , we should all feel blessed. I too have been looking at the weather fax and it looks like the next 36hrs. will be quite horrific for these parts. I have a series of pics from the el nino of "83" when the swell and waves were so knarly that they smashed three good size holes in our upper breakwater. Quite a feat.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/01/20/california.storms/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Evacuations in Socal. Be careful Marc!

The anemometer I have registered a wind gust of 76kts. at 3:28 this morning, I've had it here for 4yrs. and that's the highest wind speeds I've seen yet. I slept right through it and I had power when I woke up. We probably have more power outages than just about anywhere I've ever been.

Back
Top Bottom