Truckfridge installed

craig333

Riley's Human
Started off looking to be a real easy project. Stretched into a 2.5 hour project as these things tend to do. Overall though not a bad project at all.
truckfridge2.jpg

truckfridge1.jpg

truckfridgewireiing.jpg

Still waiting for it to cool down to report on that part. What will I do with the edgestar? For the moment, nothing. Long term I"m not sure. Is it worth it to have both (and the energy drain)? I would like to put in a storage cabinet near where it is now.

P.S. Half hour run time, its getting cold.

I should mention, most people have said they had extra room on the top, not me, its pushing up the counter by about a 32nd. Not enough to bother me. On the sides I had extra room. had to fill those in about half an inch on each side to have enough to anchor the screws.

P.P.S. The ice tray is pretty neat, its covered so it can't spill before it freezes, or if it thaw prematurely.

Fridge looks very nice.How is your venting system set up.

I have mine with a bottom 40 sq.in vent /30 min recommended, pulling the cold air to the back pushing the air past the condenser at back and pushes the heat out the top vent.This supports the natural convection of heat from cold (bottom) to warm (top).

Happy icing

That thing looks GREAT!!! Nice job on the install. Its got a light too! SWEET! :D

Im interested to hear your power consumption. I think I am going to end up going Engle SB70. What was the reason that made you go Truckfridge? At the end of the day those two ending up battling it out for my money. Thoughts so far?

That thing looks GREAT!!! Nice job on the install. Its got a light too! SWEET! :D

Im interested to hear your power consumption. I think I am going to end up going Engle SB70. What was the reason that made you go Truckfridge? At the end of the day those two ending up battling it out for my money. Thoughts so far?

Chose the TF for dollar reasons. Nothing I've read so far makes me think its not as good as the competition. Power consumption I don't really have an accurate way to measure yet.

I have a good size vent on the back side. If that turns out not to be adequate I'll try a small exhaust fan. Plenty of room to cut a higher vent if I need to.

There is a site,I think you get to it through the truck fridge site. It comperes about 5/6 of the fridges.The truck fridge is near the top grade on most of the categories.I would consider a unit like Craig's if my 3 way were to go.At this time it works great and with the TF41 I have my cooling under control.
Frank

Yeah, I also would be curious to know about your power consumption.

Back
Top Bottom