Truma Combi

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric
Site Team
The Truma Combi is a combined water heater and furnace. It is reputed to be quieter than any other options, and the space of the unit is the same as an Attwood furnace alone.

I've lucked out trying to find a reseller. I contacted Truma, and they said that the sell to "RV builders only".

Can someone prove me wrong on that? I would love to score one of these for my upcoming Puma/Grandy build.

I too would like to find a Truma dealer. I'm going to Europe for work in June and will look around there and report back if no options in NA.

Vic, you might talk to a builder to see if they could order it for you. My guess is ATC would be more open to that than another builder. Worst that can happen is they say no.

The difficulty in finding where/how to purchase a Truma only serves to illustrate the difficulty that you will have finding someone who can do service, repairs, parts.

DanoT said:
The difficulty in finding where/how to purchase a Truma only serves to illustrate the difficulty that you will have finding someone who can do service, repairs, parts.
Given that I'm gutting and building my second camper, I'm not too worried about servicing. Parts, yes. Good point.

Overland Explorer (Contact Us) uses Truma in their builds. Red Deer, so nice and close. Not sure if they sell to general public.

You may want to talk to Rory at Bundutec USA. He offers them as an option on his truck campers. The one in our camper is so quite that you have to put your hand in front of a vent to know it’s running. It’s very efficient also.

Aqua Hot has just come out with a combination water/furnace heater. Way easier to get information and order it for DYI than Truma. Plus $800 less. Looks very similar to the Truma. Gas, propane, and Diesel options. Considering putting one in my new build. Trying to find a good exterior tank to mount on back of my flatbed so I don’t tap into my trucks fuel tank in case I take it off.

I took a peek at their website… the smallest diesel heater is 65,000 BTU. WOW. Also, they make a big deal out of providing “moist” heat. I dunno about big RV’s, but in my camper that would be a big no no…

Still, if you find them comparable to Truma units and less $$, they are worth investigating!!

I took a peek at their website… the smallest diesel heater is 65,000 BTU. WOW. Also, they make a big deal out of providing “moist” heat. I dunno about big RV’s, but in my camper that would be a big no no…

Still, if you find them comparable to Truma units and less $$, they are worth investigating!!

Hi Vic, I think you are looking at a different combo than I’m looking at. I’m considering the Aqua Hot Gen 1. It puts out 13,500 BTU, not 65,000 BTU. I haven’t seen any information on this unit putting out moist air. That’s the reason I’m going with gas, not propane. Also, I can tap into my truck’s gas tank and not have to deal with a second fuel source. Look forward to seeing what you go with.

I think they call it moist because it circulates water for heating. They might want to update their literature.

Back
Top Bottom