Tundra 38 gallon gas tank

ottorogers

Has anybody upgraded from the factory 26 gallon gas tank to the newer 38 gallon tank, Toyota, not aftermarket, if so what was the total price? I’m really tired of the small 26 gallon tank

I didn't realize you could...or at least figured the Transfer Flow XL tank would be cheaper. It's something I've been thinking about too.

trikebubble said:
I didn't realize you could...or at least figured the Transfer Flow XL tank would be cheaper. It's something I've been thinking about too.
there are some big concerns with the transfer flow 46 gallon tank, that put me totally off, but I’m sure the factory 38 gallon tank will be big $$$$

I put a 60 under our CTD and it has been one of the better mods. Except for yesterday when I had to fill it from empty.....

If there's a known to work increased capacity fuel tank option within the budget I'd do it. For us the difference is buying fuel where we want to rather than when we have to.

Having just purchased a new to me 2017 Tundra with a 38 gallon tank (which I never even knew was an option) I have been doing some research on them out of pure curiosity. From everything I have gleaned from message boards, upgrading to a stock Toyota tank doesn't seem to be cost effective route. I have yet to see an actual cost posted by anyone who has done it bit it seems to be the consensus that Transferflow was the cheaper route, I didn't delve in deep enough to note any concerns with them.

Thank you Señor 3Pin. It's white like the old one. Will post a pic for those that know me once airbags are installed and camper is loaded.

Out of curiosity, looked online for an oem 2017 Toyota 38 gallon tank assembly and part price. I found Elmore Toyota in Westminster, CA, 855-902-9435. I have no experience with this dealer, and don't know how current the price is. Nonetheless, hope the info is helpful.

The webpage lists retail @ $1189.49, with 28% off @ $331.36 = $858.13 sale price. Installation is probably extra.
Part #7700-0C120. The page also lists the Tundra years and models it will fit.

Webpage: trdtoyotaparts.elmoretoyota.com/Toyota-fuel-tank-assembly-770010c120

Back
Top Bottom