Two Nights at Benton Hot Springs - December 2019

Ahhh, cool rocks and hot water! What a combination! Thanks for the ride-along!

Foy

I was beginning to wonder what other adventures you could find at Benton, having gone there so often. I forgot that adventuresome spirits always find more of who/what they are! Thanks again!

Njce trip! So nice to be able to drop down and out of the snow and get to the desert and hot springs.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Fun trip with great photo shots.
What did they mine for?
Thanks.
The link on Ski's blog shows the Sacramento Mine as a gold, silver, lead, and copper producer.

I suppose the town at the toe of the alluvial fan is Chalfant or Chalfant Valley?

Foy

Foy said:
The link on Ski's blog shows the Sacramento Mine as a gold, silver, lead, and copper producer.

I suppose the town at the toe of the alluvial fan is Chalfant or Chalfant Valley?

Foy
Yes, that is Chalfant.

Haven’t been to Benton Hot Springs in years. Was planning to take my wife there for her B-day in April. Checked the website to find that sites are $120-$140 per night at that time of year! Am I reading that right? It’s a great location but $120 for a campsite, even with a hot tub seems way out of line.

Am I just getting old and out of touch?

I believe you may have been looking at Inn prices for rooms. Campsites are $60 or $70 a night depending on size, up $10 from last year.

ski3pin said:
I believe you may have been looking at Inn prices for rooms. Campsites are $60 or $70 a night depending on size, up $10 from last year.
Yup, I had an attack of dumb. $60-70 per night is correct. I was looking at the cost for two nights.

Vic Harder said:
I was beginning to wonder what other adventures you could find at Benton, having gone there so often. I forgot that adventuresome spirits always find more of who/what they are! Thanks again!
Oh my goodness, there is so much to explore and discover around every corner! Thanks Vic! :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Fun trip with great photo shots.
What did they mine for?
Thanks.
Frank, thanks for the nice comment! :)

Taku said:
Njce trip! So nice to be able to drop down and out of the snow and get to the desert and hot springs.
Even being dedicated winter mountain people, there is nothing like warmth! Maybe we even appreciate it a little bit more. :)

ski3pin said:
A short break in our winter weather offered up the opportunity for a couple nights away, so away we went. The story and photos are now posted to our blog and you can find it here -

Two Nights at Benton Hot Springs - December 2019

We hope you enjoy tagging along! :)

Going to read up tonight.
Somehow these links are dead when I view them on my phone at work.

We do love the ... springs.

We just missed you, having left on Saturday morning!
We had a colder visit than you with temps as low as 3F. We had 36 hours with temps below 15F over Thursday night.
But I did get to BBQ a turkey, and we left ski tracks there in the meadow at the campground on Wednesday!

Yes cold, but the water feels so nice when it is cold and the quick dash from the camper to tub is so invigorating! :)

We were at Benton the nights of Dec 8th & 9th. The snow was gone from most spots except in the shaded areas. We were truly surprised how warm it was during our stay.

Lighthawk said:
We just missed you, having left on Saturday morning!
We had a colder visit than you with temps as low as 3F. We had 36 hours with temps below 15F over Thursday night.
But I did get to BBQ a turkey, and we left ski tracks there in the meadow at the campground on Wednesday!

longhorn1 said:
Thanks for sharing. The hot springs would be a nice way to finish off the day. Happy Holidays. jd
Yes, the hot springs are a wonderful way to finish off a day. Thanks John, and best wishes for happy holidays back at you! :)

Just spotted this, nice! There is a foot trail to the Sacramento main workings about 1000' up, where the upper cable tram tower is.

Wish I knew you were around!

I can see my house in photos #14 and 20. :p

Back
Top Bottom