Types of sealants???????

WarpathEngineering

I've just gotten in the replacement siding for my Grandby and hope to
get back to work on it this long weekend. One thing I forgot to consider is replacing the seals under the screw down corner trim & the new bed board. Anyone like to weigh in? The oringinal seal under the trim looks to be a simple pressure sensitve adhesive backed foam. The bed board had a ton of white and clear caulking which I can only assume was both factory and the previous owner, who from the look of things must have owned stock in a caulking company. Has anyone used Butyl tape before or is that overkill?

Rick

sealing

Originally we used a foam tape or a putty tape to seal. Butyl tape should work. The only problem with butyl that I can see is if you get into some really hot weather it may run a bit.

If you would like some of the foam tape, we can send you a roll.

Thanks for the heads up on the butyl tape Ben. What are ya'll using to seal the bed board? Just caulk or are you using the foam tape as well?

Rick

bed board sealant

We use a white silicone to seal the bed board. We put a line of it on the bottom of the channel before we put the bed board in. After the board is in we also run a bead around the bed on top against the channel.

Back
Top Bottom