Umm, how much weight can it take?

Bseek

Gypsy Feet
I saw this on CheapRVLiving forum and cracked up. This seems like a little too much weight added to the back.

full

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=8083

Thank you to all you WTWer's for giving me so much "communal wisdom" to rely on. You are the best.

That setup could easily be within the GVWR. If it's a PSD, the front axle might not even be any lighter than the rear. Whoever that owner is has done an admirable job at increasing the storage capacity of his setup. My only concern would be wether or not those shelves could hold up to a lot of washboard.

Hardside campers routinely extend up to 3 feet beyond the bumper. While, perhaps not ideal for a rock crawler, a few gallons of fuel, a couple boxes and two bikes hardly compares to this 11' double slide ridiculousness.

Adventurer-1.jpg

Bseek,

That actually is the Hallmark I had considered buying. The owner had built the 2 shelves for the totes. They looked well made though not super pretty...lol

That was on a 2006 F360 with the 6.0L engine that I was warned off of by many. Without the truck the camper did me no good.
Whoever ended up with it got a nice camper. The truck looked great but It wasn't for the non-diesel wanting personage :)

I think he was fine with those but I have seen folks do that kind of stuff on a much smaller truck which would not have been very good:)

As far as double slides, I could not agree more.....:)

I sure would worry about cracking the frame unless it has been modified, or built for this. Having cracked frames on toppers, trucks, trailers and bikes, I always look at things like that causing issues.

If anyone finds a rear camper wall and attached gear laying in the road ^ this would be the first guy I try to find. Lol truck is probably ok. Back wall of a camper might pop right off though. I'm thinking when you reach that level of needed gear space a small enclosed trailer is a nice option.

The bikes and fuel receptacles are actually on a swing out bracket which was not installed when I saw it. The totes and propane are attached to the wall so you are right about that possibly being an issue.

Didn't think about all that weight on those not too thick aluminum frames....

He also said he had used the tote setup to get on the roof. I'm sure that made the frame happy.......

nice light touch on the steering I'm sure. Probably feels like it's floating...

I'm surprised it isn't rearing up on its hind legs. Maybe it has those counterweights one sees off the front of tractor pull trucks.

Ya I can't think of any reason at all he would want to get rid of that. Only driving on two wheels gets much better mpg!

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

DrJ said:
What no trailer too?

I guess he isn't that brave then.

Actually - if you look closely at the pictures in the add you can see that he's got a receiver tube extension that runs to the end of the camper. This guys does pull a trailer with this!

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Some of those small pop ups weigh 800lbs, so with the gear, if it is a 1/2 ton truck, they may a little over the limit. As soon as I jumped in, it would be at 1,000 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom