under couch storage

303Dizzy

Have a Fleet and was wonder what kind of storage or separators everyone is using under their couch?

Hello 303Dizzy
We use a couple of cardboard boxes. They are pretty stout. Makes it easy to empty and load, also stops everything being one thing. One box was a mango box from Costco. Storing water dog food, thongs, solar led lights first aid bag, extra paper towels.
Actually we use several boxes around the camper, and a collapsible tub on the counter top.
Hope that helps.

Russ

Depends on what you want to store there. Everything under my couch stays in the camper. BBQ, tools, tankless water heater. Leveling blocks, etc. It stays put and doesn't move around without any boxes or dividers.

cwd

I'm in the same boat. Because it is the primary storage there are enough items under the couch that things don't move around.

On one side:
Sleeping bag
pillow
small throw blanket

On the other side:
Fiskars X25 Axe
Coleman stove
Coleman battery powered lantern
Tarp
Maybe a pair of shoes

Dizzy,
What sort of items are you storing under there?

Side couch is propane grill, roll-a-table, hammock, dog food and other sundries that stay in the camper. Front is some dry goods and things that we don't need to get at quite as often.

When I first purchased the camper and was figuring out how to best pack it and use it I ordered a set of these.

frakta-carrier-bag-large-blue__79087_pe202617_s4.jpg

If'n ya like semi fancy but cheap... I ripped the channel side off an oak floor piece.... they are attached vertically inside on cabinet front and back walls. Luan board slides (waxed) right in to make different compartments.... using hide glue to attach them allows you to remove them with hot water should you decide to change the size. When gluing ... just dab it on the runner backs...slide them on the Luan board and set in place to dry. Then you have a removable partition.... fancy if you drill a finger pull hole in the top middle of the Luan (3/16")

Dizzy,
funny you should ask...we just upgraded these storage spaces and made a "locater list" kept in the camper--to avoid tearing storage apart to find something...would highly recommend once you settle on what to store in all cabinets...

We used the existing space(no modifications) to store big and odd ball stuff we need, e.g. water hose, levelers--bigger items that only fit there...here is a part of our latest list of that shows items stored under our Fleet bench seat areas:

Bench Seat Storage areas
Back Seat storage
..hose/water filter--bagged (this is a big, odd ball item to store)
..water nozzle
..air masks (in a Tupperware container)
..trk. leveler box
..bag w/ tape, rope
..bag w/ hooks, levels, velcro strips
..propane tanks (2)-sm. Stove--(we use a single burner, backpacking stove to boil water for our dripped coffee in the morning outside--does not disturb whichever partner is still sleeping.. :love:

Front Seat storage
..trays(2)/cafeteria style
..fry pans/covered (3)(too large to store under sink/stove)
..box/halogen lights(4)
..plastic buckets/collapsed(2)
..stuff sack-empty
..fan w/ batt./bagged
..propane tanks(lg)--(for our propane bbq stowed in the backseat of our truck)

We just revamped our storage areas...had several canned/dry food items under the sink, but are now stowing those in a locking container we bring from our house, stow on the floor during travel, unload immediately and stow under the rear bumper next to the door...this keeps all cans, breads, chips, nuts, booze, etc. for the trip in one location, easy to get items for each meal, and removes them for a "tight storage" area under camper sink/stove...my wife's idea that works really well and handy for her who does most of the cooking...

With this transfer we opened up more space in the 2 bench storage areas...they are each about 2/3 full with the above items...

Good luck...we found we needed several trips to "refine" how best to use the 4W storage areas ... suggest you review after each trip how to improve your storage use...

Brad

Hey Brad! What kind of locking storage container are you using for food? I've been looking for a good solution.

Melgarot... using the 8 qt. Rubbermaid/ lockable Action packer @ about $28... here is an Amazon site:

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-1172-ActionPacker-Storage-Gallon/dp/B00002N9F9?th=1

We have settled into its use as mentioned above...slides into the camper on the floor with a few other items while driving...it is first thing that comes out...keeps all our breads, canned/jarred items, chips, nuts etc. that don't require cooling very handy and in one space...it is heavy duty with side locks to secure the top, box waterproof and secure from any critters, etc... highly recommend... good system for us..

Back
Top Bottom