Unpacking the new hawk

keith

Contributors
Well, not really unpacking, more like packing and starting the mods. (never to soon to remodel) I'll post the mods when I return and have worked out the details. Hopefully I've attatched a couple of pics of the hold downs and inside. The top is down. Should have taken pics while the top was up, but it's raining now, so this is the best I can do for now. More will come after the trip. The fridge is a 4 cuft electric Waeco.

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 495
Way to go on your 1st trip a case of wine a must have.......enjoy

Libations are a must have item:thumb:. And are packed safely away in a styrafoam packer box. But that "case of wine" is a trash can.:cool:

Fisherman...I've always listened but I march to my own drum beat.

Congrats...looks great! Have fun with the new toy.

I'm mesmerized by the pristine jacks and jack brackets...sigh...

Keith,

Congratulations on your new Hawk. I have been trying to get one ordered, for my Ford qc, but I'm finding it to be a little too pricey for me right now. I do have one question though, and I apologize if this sounds foolish. I thought FWC were mounted with bolts through the camper floor and bolted to the truck bed, eliminating the exterior turnbuckles, has something changed in their mounting process?

Paul

Keith,

Congratulations on your new Hawk. I have been trying to get one ordered, for my Ford qc, but I'm finding it to be a little too pricey for me right now. I do have one question though, and I apologize if this sounds foolish. I thought FWC were mounted with bolts through the camper floor and bolted to the truck bed, eliminating the exterior turnbuckles, has something changed in their mounting process?

Paul

I don't believe so. I saw some threads before where Keith had stated he wanted use some external turnbuckles (can't remember if it was in addition to or in place of). Long story short I don't think this is standard now.

Congrats on the new Hawk, keith! It's a good feeling that just keeps getting better...

happy trails

mtn

Keith,

It looks good. Thanks for the pics. You'll have to tell us how the tie-downs hold up off-road.

SB

Back
Top Bottom