Updated my trip report to the east coast

billharr

Still working on my Blog skills. I copied my trip to the east coast over to the blog. Was able to add over 80 pictures.

http://bill-veronica.blogspot.com/2012/05/our-big-trip-to-east-coast.html

Thanks for that post! I just read your blog while enjoying a glass of Red Wine. It was a good read. I cannot wait until I can make the time to partake in such endeavors.

Very nice job on the blog, Bill and Veronica. Nice,low-key and clearly enjoyable trip.

Glad you enjoyed the South Island of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (the only one of the 4 on which non-emergency stopping is allowed). I fish for striped bass in the waters of the Bay every Fall, and the huge rip-rap rocks forming the islands are prime casting territory. Also glad you enjoyed the Outer Banks. Next time you're down this way, consider traveling south from Nag's Head to Hatteras Village and take the short-hop ferry over to Ocracoke Island, and after a visit there, one of the 2-3 hour ferry rides over to either Cedar Island (actually on the mainland) or Swan Quarter.

Looking forward to seeing more, and soon!

Foy

Very nice job on the blog, Bill and Veronica. Nice,low-key and clearly enjoyable trip.

Glad you enjoyed the South Island of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (the only one of the 4 on which non-emergency stopping is allowed). I fish for striped bass in the waters of the Bay every Fall, and the huge rip-rap rocks forming the islands are prime casting territory. Also glad you enjoyed the Outer Banks. Next time you're down this way, consider traveling south from Nag's Head to Hatteras Village and take the short-hop ferry over to Ocracoke Island, and after a visit there, one of the 2-3 hour ferry rides over to either Cedar Island (actually on the mainland) or Swan Quarter.

Looking forward to seeing more, and soon!

Foy

We looked at the ferry but was told it may be full and would have to wait a day if it was. In November they cut the number of ferry's running. It will be a while until we make that trip again.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom