upsizing exterior grab handle

DarinH

I'm going to replace the small, stock grab handle on the right side of the camper door on my '21 Grandby (see photo), with a much larger handle that I took off a rolling tool chest.

Does anyone know how wide the aluminum "stud" is on the right side of the door? The holes on the new handle will need to be about ½ inch to the right of the existing handle. I'm hoping the screws for the bigger handle will anchor into the aluminum frame. 20210712_195605.jpg

DarinH said:
I'm going to replace the small, stock grab handle on the right side of the camper door on my '21 Grandby (see photo), with a much larger handle that I took off a rolling tool chest.

Does anyone know how wide the aluminum "stud" is on the right side of the door? The holes on the new handle will need to be about ½ inch to the right of the existing handle. I'm hoping the screws for the bigger handle will anchor into the aluminum frame.
attachicon.gif
20210712_195605.jpg
Screws? I recall one or two members who pulled the handles from the camper. I hope there is something more secure than screws.

We are looking for an exterior grab handle. Let me know if not reusing elsewhere

... that's not a grab handle.... this is a grab handle.

After fumbling for the small, stock handle and almost doing a face plant coming forward out of my camper, I pulled this man-size handle off of a rolling tool chest in my garage, and bolted in place of the small one. Much better.20210724_171025.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom