Use Eagle Four Wheel Camper

Tumbleweed

Last Sunday (1/8/12), I drove down to Portland, Or from Federal Way, Wa to look at a 2008 Eagle FWC. I expected it to be clean and good shape for a 4 years old camper. That was not the case. The camper has be used a lot which is good. But it was dirty, left out in our raining NW climate, and has been modified throughout. It was structurally sound and no dent that I could see. He had the top up so I could not see the top side condition. The guy wanted $8k but might have gone at a lower price. I decided to pass him up. Not sure if I was being to picky. What do you guys think? I am still looking for a Eagle camper.

Yea.. but dirt is easy to fix compared to structural issues and options that one may or may not want. If all the more usable elements were close enough to where I wanted them to be and I could haggle the price to where I wanted it I'd easily just use it as an arguement for talking the price down and not sweat it a bit. If it was either a couple hundred more spent or an afternoon spent doing some serious cleaning, I'd easily choose the cleaning. I guess if I was making enough that I felt differently I probably would be buying a new one. But there are so many variables both in what you saw and what you want, so take my opinions for what they are; my opinions.

No idea what the inside of that camper looks like but make sure you are aware of what these campers actually go for on the used market. $8k for a 2008 is normally a really good price. Heck a 2000 camper usually goes for 5-7k and sometimes a bit more. They're a popular item with low numbers on resale market so they tend to command a high resale value.

Keeping a camper outside in the NW isn't really a concern in my mind, assuming it's not leaking, just gotta give it a good scrubbing in the spring. I've never had leaking or mold issues with mine outside.

I'm confused why dropping the top down (which takes seconds) wasn't done if you wanted to see the top, did you ask?

Back
Top Bottom